• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI is out, it looks good for both sides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CRJSensa, your FOs have had no growth for 2 years. Now the airtran deal has brought hiring plus an instant 12% bump in relative seniority. I don't care how you try to spin it, that is good for your FOs.
ILoverurban, how exactly is a 5% increase in seniority not a good thing?

And not one WN bro can utilize that "bump" until 2020!

This ought to pass Airtran with 99%! I'd say 100% but I know Kwick aint gonna be happy.

Gup

CRJSensa, with all your 7 post. please continue your job hunting, per your profile, and leave this to the professional pilots at our respective airlines. we do not need the opinion of an outiside amateur on how to conduct our business. the pilots at both airlines will do what is necessary to protect their own, but when it is all done, we will be a stronger, leaner and more profitable than any airline in history.

There is no money presented to the SWA side in our briefing. Both sides will have groups pissed off. The SWA guys gain all AAI retirement upgrades till 2020, and elective AAI pilot downgrades seats. That is it. The future deliveries are not growth till all the 300 models are gone. Good luck.

Explain how Swa gets the aai retirements. The Swa side has them that's why a zero growth model has the 2000 plus Swa fo's upgrading first a's they would have without aai. The Swa fo shouldn't be penalized because of an aquisition since pay raises like the aai fo's get weren't offered. The 300 w zero growth was happening without aai anyway. It didn't speed up anything by buying aai.

What the SWAPA pilots get is all the 90 or so AAI retirements from transition to 2020, and any elective AAI captain down grade, everything else, was already coming to SWAPA. The AAI pilots may say what about the growth from aircraft orders. Well until all the 300s are gone there is no growth, and all orders are owned now by SWA which have to be flown by SWAPA pilots already.

It'll pass on the SWA side.

Funny how the critter team sold out their F/O's so their Capts could keep their seats. So sad.

Exactly what swa did-all they need is to get 51% at AAI to say yes. As I said before, 85% yes on swapa side as it's a dream deal for them. GLTA....

Airtran will retire 150 pilots through 2020. I also imagine there will be a number of Airtran Captains that will elect to take voluntary downgrades to stay in ATL and avoid being weekend reserve for the next 10 years.

I am getting a ton of feedback from SWA guys all over the seniority list. I am flying with a 3 year ex A-10 guy who is not yelling "NO" from the top step.
He's been pissed since the day he didn't get fighters.

From what I can tell.....the Airtran guys are getting gains in black and white as soon as the deal is done.

No, we get nothing when the deal is done. As far as we know. We get nothing until we go through training or 01/04/2012. The training is going to take a long time. Until we go through training its only the pay bump. As you know, your contract is great due to rigs and scheduling. Until SWA can train us we get only the pay and health. The 717 pilots go through last. That's 30 months

Take my seniority spot ( 6 yr SWA FO). A guy on the Airtran side in that spot gets a pay raise, cheaper healthcare, better 401k, profit sharing, etc. What do I get? Nothing.

You've already got what can be given by AirTran pilots. Even if you stapled all of us it wouldn't have much more effect. There just isn't enough of us.

Now hold on. I know the Airtran FO's are stapled. I know we get the upgrades til 2020. But that's all speculation. And with most guys in the 717 which we can't bid, what the hell does that seniority bump do for me? They also extended the merging period to 30 months so it will take that long to even reflect a small bump. And forget getting a vote from an FO here with more than 6 years who will watch Airtran captains make $70k more than them just because they happen to be a Captain already. Sounds like a no from what I've heard.

So....easy fix. Pay protect any SWA FO who is junior to an Airtran guy holding Captain. I think there is some compensation for the horror of flying with an AirTran CA junior to you :) There are only about 180-200 that are junior to your junior CA (a guess) That's only 2.6 % of the entire list.

Good luck either way. I like the Airtran guys. I wish no ill will on anyone. I just want a fair deal. Go ahead and rip me now. Cause that is what happens here.

No ripping. It's your view and that's your world. That's the way we live. Your post is very fair.

edited because i spelled "your" incorrectly ... Again.

Last edited:
My prediction for the vote:

SWA 55/45 pass

AAI 85/15 pass

Any takers? The rest simply isn't worth debating. It is what it is, and telling each other what a crappy deal it is for one side and great for the other isn't going to convince a single, solitary person on either side, it'll just make people P.O.'d.

Best thing we can do is hope that GK's talk of 10 years' worth of growth in 3 years is what really comes to pass... Best of luck to all!

Latest resources

Back