• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI is out, it looks good for both sides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hades this will pass the SWA pilots. There would have to be some huge information that we cannot see. Everyone I have talked to will be not only a no, but heck no!

Our senior captains will vote no just because there is no money in it for them. Im sure most of our FO's will vote no. I'm voting no due to having a Airtran captain who is 4 years junior to me (10 year FO) making SWA captain pay.

No offense to the Airtran guys. All of the ones I have met lately seem like good guys.

I think arbitration is the best route now. I may lose more there, but at least I didn't hand my seniority on a platter to the other team. I think our best hope is that the Airtran MEC does turns down the offer and we go to arbitration that way. GK can be mad at the other team.

Very disappointed in our guys. There is some powerful strong brainwashing that happens when they get to Dallas.

T45

What? So you would rather thump your chest and take less in arbitration. Not saying this is a good deal but that reasoning is pure stupidity.

When does the Southwest pay take effect?

Any word of the mini bases or new bases?

Apparently it's April fools day 2012, or when you go to DAL to be injected with 'super wonderful juice'.

Whichever comes first. No I'm not kidding about the day :)

I think our best hope is that the Airtran MEC does turns down the offer and we go to arbitration that way. GK can be mad at the other team.
Funny, that's what some of our pilots have been saying but flipped the other way around... hoping your pilots vote it down so that GK will be P.O.'d at your guys, not us, when the arbitration award is handed down.

Guess we're not so different after all...

Where is the 2020 provision?
It's in the Agreement. Sept, 2020. Same as the day the Capt protections end.

Pay increase for Southwest pilots on day of ratification.

Pay increase for AAI pilots on 4/1/2012 to SWA pay RATES. AAI pilots don't get the scheduling pay increases (TFP and daily guarantees, etc) until they finish SWA training and are flying in the SWA system.

Last edited:
There is no money presented to the SWA side in our briefing. Both sides will have groups pissed off. The SWA guys gain all AAI retirement upgrades till 2020, and elective AAI pilot downgrades seats. That is it. The future deliveries are not growth till all the 300 models are gone. Good luck.

As for all the inflammatory statements framing it as unfair in one way or another- this is something where we all have to look at how our lives will be impacted and not end up as polarized as Washington politics. Militant stances don't work. Period. Calm down, look at everything and how it will effect your life. I'm honestly more concerned about 20 years from now than anything. But completely willing to look at it objectively.

Emotion has no place in this. Look at it objectively, rationally, and respectfully.

Well said.

Latest resources

Back