SLI is out, it looks good for both sides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think you are a blazer type of guy.

Vote "NO" Einstein. You deserve better than having to fly with the likes of us. This agreement is a slap in your face. It really is.

Just think of all of those AirTran Captains laughing at you. It's shameful.

:laugh:

The pay raise which is why all of us are suppose to vote yes is in April. They should have thrown us that bone at first in my opinion.

I'll wear the blazer only if I can wear the hat.
Yeah that is the ticket!

I read the AIP today and apparently the bottom 650 AAI F/O's are required to wear the hat and blazer in addition to being stapled. Nobody else has to wear it though. Thanks ALPA.

Last edited:
I am getting a ton of feedback from SWA guys all over the seniority list. I am flying with a 3 year ex A-10 guy who is not yelling "NO" from the top step. I am around 1550 on the SWA master so for me its kinda a "push".

I feel it will pass the SWA side by 60%ish but I think it has 0 and I do mean ZERO chance on the AT side.
The unknown is soon gonna be the known.

Let the games begin.................

I am getting a ton of feedback from SWA guys all over the seniority list. I am flying with a 3 year ex A-10 guy who is not yelling "NO" from the top step. I am around 1550 on the SWA master so for me its kinda a "push".

I feel it will pass the SWA side by 60%ish but I think it has 0 and I do mean ZERO chance on the AT side.
The unknown is soon gonna be the known.

Let the games begin.................

Tell J-Lo I said hi.

I don't see how it could possibly be any better for the AT guys if it goes to arbitration.

When an AT FO hired on at AT, he had a career expectation of upgrading to AT Cpt in X years, at which time he would make $13X/hr. and have XX days off per month. Assuming he keeps longevity for pay, under this deal he will make $13X/hr and have at LEAST as good a schedule, probably quite a bit better. He hs met his career expectations.

Any current AT Capt had the expectation to make $13X/hr, he will now get a massive pay raise. He will EXCEED his career expectations.

Congrats Airtran pilots, You just got awarded an upgrade starting 4/01/12. The only group that will not be earning career exceptions or better is the current SWA FO's.

CRJSensa, your FOs have had no growth for 2 years. Now the airtran deal has brought hiring plus an instant 12% bump in relative seniority. I don't care how you try to spin it, that is good for your FOs.
ILoverurban, how exactly is a 5% increase in seniority not a good thing?

The SWA side

From what I can tell.....the Airtran guys are getting gains in black and white as soon as the deal is done. Take my seniority spot ( 6 yr SWA FO). A guy on the Airtran side in that spot gets a pay raise, cheaper healthcare, better 401k, profit sharing, etc. What do I get? Nothing. Now hold on. I know the Airtran FO's are stapled. I know we get the upgrades til 2020. But that's all speculation. And with most guys in the 717 which we can't bid, what the hell does that seniority bump do for me? They also extended the merging period to 30 months so it will take that long to even reflect a small bump. And forget getting a vote from an FO here with more than 6 years who will watch Airtran captains make $70k more than them just because they happen to be a Captain already. Sounds like a no from what I've heard.

So....easy fix. Pay protect any SWA FO who is junior to an Airtran guy holding Captain. Good luck either way. I like the Airtran guys. I wish no ill will on anyone. I just want a fair deal. Go ahead and rip me now. Cause that is what happens here.

Latest resources

Back