• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI is out, it looks good for both sides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it is a foregone conclusion that AT votes for this. The questions is, why didnt our negotiating committee understand this?

Commute to reserve for years? Please. I know about 3000 SWA FOs who will take your place.

AT turns this down, it will be the most epic mistake in the history of airline unions.
I love it how all the SWA guys are telling us we would be crazy to turn this down. Do ya think they have a vested interest?

AAI would be fools to accept this. Go to arbitration if they pay the 717 way less use your seniority to bid the 737. AAI pilots are already starting a grass roots effort to vote Noooooooooo!

I love it how all the SWA guys are telling us we would be crazy to turn this down. Do ya think they have a vested interest?

AAI would be fools to accept this. Go to arbitration if they pay the 717 way less use your seniority to bid the 737. AAI pilots are already starting a grass roots effort to vote Noooooooooo!

Well, I've been called many things, I guess put, "fool" on the list........

Are any of you Air Tran Captains planning on bidding back down to FO once the deal is done ?

Might be a rhetorical question, but maybe for QOL.

I think that would be a huge mistake. You can never get it back and then a Southwest pilot can come and take it. Only 249 AT pilots were placed above the most junior SW captain. I think one of the big BS parts of the agreement is that when a AT guy retires we loose that captain slot so we don't even get to take advantage of our own attrition.

Last edited:
There is no grass root effort to vote no. Most guys are level headed and know where we stand. Only the 12 angry men will have a grass root anything.

I think that would be a huge mistake. You can never get it back and then a Southwest pilot can come and take it. Only 249 AT pilots were placed above the most junior SW captain. I think one of the big BS parts of the agreement is that when a AT guy retires we loose that captain slot so we don't even get to take advantage of our own attrition.

You will not retire as an Airtran pilot. You will retire as a SWA pilot and a SWA pilot will replace you.

You will not retire as an Airtran pilot. You will retire as a SWA pilot and a SWA pilot will replace you.

True. However that SWA pilot will not be a former AirTran pilot. On the other hand we have a very humble amount of retirements compared to the SWA list.

The first deal that swa presented I believe was Doh - 4 for AAI with 72 retirement upgrades staying in house That changed when the negotiations created a new give and take, and other protections were negotiated. What was better for AAI, I do not know I am not an AAI pilot?

Serious question and NOT flamebait...but what would happen if SWA sell's the 717's to DAL? Is there furlough protection written in for the AT guys? and for those who say fulough protection isn't worth the paper written on it, it saved MY job in the last recession.

Latest resources

Back