• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI is out, it looks good for both sides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what the SWAPA Execs and the SWAPA NC Chairman are saying is if either side turns this down it will go straight to arbitration.[/QUOTE]

True, but I believe they can still work out a settlement during arbitration and settle before it is finished. Just like when you take something to trial the parties can settle before it actually finishes even though the trial began.

Oh you poor people with the growth blinders on. There will be NO growth. Get used to it. GK just bought his next 10 years worth of growth. Get real comfortable with where you are because that is where you are going to be 10 years from now.

So a 4 yr Capt at AirTran makes 250k a year as a SW Capt and I and every other FO at SW hang on for a potential upgrade sometime down the road making no where near that. What if another 9/11 happens?? Growth is a solution based on today's scenarios and never guaranteed and rarely holds true They continue getting paid and guys like me linger for another x amount of years in the right seat? While there is an AirTran Capt junior to a SWA FO , The FO should get equivalent Capt pay for any trip They fly, not just when The SWA FO pairs up with a junior Tranny Capt on a bs weekend trip that they wouldn't ideally fly. The premium to fly with the tranny Capt is 1.25 on the off chance you get it. So instead of elitt and trip trade give away, we have to go scouring the board for an AI Capt to make some sort of premium. BS I say. NO is my vote.

Last edited:
It would be much better to take down the fence, pay protect the swa fo's senior to airtran capts. and fairly integrate the lists based on total pilots and total retirements of the current lists. Everyone wins the definition of fair and equitable. Both of these companies are profitable and both pilot groups have contributed to their success equally. All the "fixes" are just lipstick on a pig and greed.

I think we're off to arbitration.

I think so as well Old Crow. Lots of very disappointed (and I might add level headed)SWA F/Os out on the line the last 3 days. ALL and I mean ALL of my Captain buds are saying they are voting WITH AND FOR what's best for our F/O's. I know there are some real solid Dudes over there but I say very little chance of it passing here.

So a 4 yr Capt at AirTran makes 250k a year as a SW Capt and I and every other FO at SW hang on for a potential upgrade sometime down the road making no where near that. What if another 9/11 happens?? Growth is a solution based on today's scenarios and never guaranteed and rarely holds true They continue getting paid and guys like me linger for another x amount of years in the right seat? While there is an AirTran Capt junior to a SWA FO , The FO should get equivalent Capt pay for any trip They fly, not just when The SWA FO pairs up with a junior Tranny Capt on a bs weekend trip that they wouldn't ideally fly. The premium to fly with the tranny Capt is 1.25 on the off chance you get it. So instead of elitt and trip trade give away, we have to go scouring the board for an AI Capt to make some sort of premium. BS I say. NO is my vote.

There are no 4 year "Tranny CA's". The junior "Tranny CA" is a 7 year CA.
I saw him again just a few days ago, he had a big smile on his face. He must be in LUV ....

It is nice that you'll make a special effort to fly with us though :D

There may be some AT captains that went ahead of you (to keep things in perspective, the number is rather small). But you are gaining quite (wow somebody who spells "quite" correctly) some RELATIVE seniority because of all the AT FO's being stapled below you. I think you may just want to consider leaving your ego at the door, in the interest of the greater good. Hope we can all just get along after this.

Im with old crow! Pay protect SWA fo for captain pay and integrate fairly. Junior SWA fo's do not deserve 4 year bump ahead of any AAI guy! Taking something that doesnt belong to them is wrong! As per the proposal it will take 10 years of attrition to get back to DOH. Off to arbitration we go.

Latest resources

Back