• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sleepy NWA pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This was the lead story on Shepherd Smith's Fox Report tonight at 7pm and it flat out asked were these pilots were asleep?

From you Airbus guys/gals: What mode does the AP revert to once you reach the end of your flightplan?

I think the lateral mode just continues to track the last course it was flying. I've been off the plane for a few years, but I think that is correct.

Definitely, the cover up generally generates more backlash than the crime itself would have.

Tell the truth, we can work with you. Lie to us, we will hang you.

I agree. Honesty is always the best policy with matters like this.

Their story is hard to believe, but the CVR will exonerate them if they're being honest. If, however, they panicked and erased the tapes, they are rolling the dice that the NTSB can't retrieve that information.

How would you explain to management that you had erased the tapes? "We were arguing and there was some unprofessional comments made about the company, and we wanted to keep our private conversation private."

I would have more sympathy for these guys if it had been 3 A.M! But maybe they pushed it up the night before in the Gas Lamp?! (assuming they did fall asleep, which is the conclusion that makes the most sense).

Anybody know how much time an Airbus CVR records, and if the NTSB has ever recovered erased data?

Last edited:
*From you Airbus guys/gals: What mode does the AP revert to once you reach the end of your flightplan? *

Most likely heading mode with a corresponding triple click aural.

Oh boy. I agree, 15 pages of DAL basing please. Oh and yeah, can I have a side of fries with that?

Just getting going on page one. Which you are member by the way. Well done.

Now, as far as the "fries" - seems to me plenty of your fellow DL brethren, and many of my buds and neighbors are not shy about bashing airline "x" when they goof.

So, ACL let's hear the real deal. Any chance at all pilot error?

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

"IF" and I repeat "IF" fatigue is a factor in this I hope it puts to rest the retarded insane idea of doing transcon turns.

Not a good week for the best pilots in the world.

Delta land's on the taxiway and now DAL/NWA taking a nap at FL370. Glad to see you guy's are the best pilot's in the world.

Wind Check...................

Latest resources

Back