Sleepy NWA pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Could have happened to any of us.

Speak for yourself man....thats just pathetic. When pilots start to turn down legs because they're tired, things will start to change. They keep doing it, they'll just end up killing more innocent people in another fatigue related crash.

Those pilots need to get hanged for this. Start setting examples before crashes start setting examples.

Fatigue? If so, 2009 may be the year the FAA turns the corner on the fatigue issue and gets some rulemaking that makes sense. Lots of incidents and one big accident this year due to fatigue.

Thats right. Its been a long time coming and the FAA has killed enough people because of their slow reactions to aviation problems.

Thats right. Its been a long time coming and the FAA has killed enough people because of their slow reactions to aviation problems.

Agreed. They should be embarrased a bunch of dim-wit legislators are now doing their job for them. I will conceed its a bit scary that the FAA knows about the problem and refuses to do anything, and the congress knows absolutely nothing and is acting swiftly.

Don't you think the flight attendants were curious as to why they hadn't begun a descent for over an hour late? I have had F/A's call up and ask what time are we landing, especially if we haven't done a PA in a while.

Also curious - I can understand missing a few radio calls, or not hearing any communications on the freq for awhile before wondering if you missed a freq change - but to fly for over 100 miles without anyone checking on the ND for position - especially when you should be in the "descent/arrival mindset" - I find it hard to believe it is the result of an heated discussion.

Will wait to hear the "rest of the story", and see if fatigue played a factor.

At least the guys added some humor to the ntsb questioning by saying they were arguing policy.

Does lying change DAL's punishment toward pilots? Serious question.

At least the guys added some humor to the ntsb questioning by saying they were arguing policy.

Yep, lie and you're gone. Play ball and they are typically very lenient.

Absolutely!

We are still operating on the NWA certificate and have the NASAP program in place. Since this was obviously not a sole-source report there will likely be penalties for this crew such as a letter of warning or letter correction in their FAA files. When all said and done, they should be able to keep their license and jobs. I'm assuming they both filed a NASAP report, if not, well...

NOW, IF they were found lying or fabricating evidence then any and all NASAP protections are out the window and the Feds are free to have a field day.

Hoping for the best and no more speculation from this pilot.

"The crew stated they were in a heated discussion over airline policy and they lost situational awareness. The Safety Board is scheduling an interview with the crew."

WTF

Latest resources

Back