• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sleepy NWA pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Could someone please explain this "wind check" that seems to always get mentioned on a Delta thread?
The guys stuck at the regionals for marginal pay, crappy rules and shiny little jets that the senior folks at DAL/NWA let them have seem to think the original DAL guys ask for wind checks a lot on final approach. ;)

Could someone please explain this "wind check" that seems to always get mentioned on a Delta thread?

Simple. Every time I have a CA ask me to ask for one, it is to determine the "factor" we add to Ref speed. Once the Auto-Throttles are off we are required by Boeing to have it.

The "How Long is Final?" question is generally asked by guys in jets that have a hard time getting down. Also 210 KIAS is right above the speed at which we need to dirty up. Ergo, if it is going to be a 20 mile final there is no need to get dirty. We will keep it clean and come down slowly. Anything under seven or eight miles requires most of our jets to dirty up to make the base turn at seven or eight miles and below 4500 feet which is the altitude required by ATL Tracon.

How come no one is asking where they went to flight school? Are these guys PFTer's? Maybe this guys went through Gulfstream Academy? LOL
Where are all you that sh$t on low-time people. What's the excuse now? I bet the morons on the Airbus had like atleast 15,000 hours between the two of them. Come on guys if any regional crew would have done this or landed on a taxiway there would have been loooooooong thread about PFT and lowtime and blah blah blah. Some of you on this board are giving these guys a pass. Just think about that.

I think that, that information will be out there as well.

This flight deck probably had 15--20K hrs in it at a min.

I think that, that information will be out there as well.

This flight deck probably had 15--20K hrs in it at a min.

Good information to know. That means they should be well qualified to apply for their next flying job very soon. Doubt these guys will be back at Delta after the FAA gets done with them.

Good information to know. That means they should be well qualified to apply for their next flying job very soon. Doubt these guys will be back at Delta after the FAA gets done with them.

Nice attitude! Honesty will save the day. I am sure they know that now.

Latest resources

Back