Skywest to phase out ASA. Could this be true

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Palerider957 said:
Being a scab will look great on your mainline application. I'm sure the interviewer will totally accept your reasoning.:rolleyes:
I'm sure being fired from a 121 carrier for failure to show for work would look good on a mainline application too

jehtplane said:
Just a little difference between westair or whatever, never even heard of them and us, just a little. But if that is what makes you sleep better at night is thinking you are getting just ASA assets and then asking the pilots to start over again at the bottom of your seniority list, then sleep well my friends.
Well Jettool,
You obviously are not a student of history, if you were you would know this is not what I want, but a scenario based upon knowledge of SKYW, history and some personal knowledge of how SKYW mgmt. operates based upon personal experience. We are all labor, mainline, regional, ASA, SKYW, and as such need to know our opponents(mgmt). I would not be lulled into a sense of complacency that comes from the SKYW kool-aid dispenser, many here have gotten the brain freeze and we all are paying for it with this T/A. I am not asking anyone to start anywhere, blend, merge doh, staple most will be junior to me so I do not have a cat in this fight. Stay awake, watch closely if any of this stuff starts to happen do what you gotta do to protect yourself.
PBR

jehtplane said:
Whoa boy, You are a wholly owned subsidiary of Skywest, INC. The same as ASA!
You boys keep telling us to watch out, I would not want to be working for ASA, well lets reverse this, what is to stop Skywest, INC from transferring assets to ASA! I will tell you, ONE LIST. Get ALPA on the property over there and lets prevent the whipsaw before it happens , it can happen to you guys too, NOT JUST ASA. You are just as vulnerable as we are.

PBR that was a bunch of wacked out math. What happens when people start year two of longevity, do you fire them and start over as well. That was pretty stupid!
Jettool,
Well letsee,
$19.02(SKYW newhire pay) X 800(average yearly hrs flown) X 2000(aprox number of pilots). If you place $35.00 and multiply that is where those whacked out numbers came from, this was just a simplistic exercise to illustrate how SKYW mgmt thinks. As to your year two analagy, SKYW mgmt made the longivity vs widget statment in print, the company news paper. If you are too dense to listen and digest info as it comes across your screen you are going to have an interesting career. Perhaps reading Flying The Line Pt.1&2 would be a start. I have just started Pt. 2 again after re-reading Pt.1 a few times in the last few years, yeah thats right, I gotem the workin at an ALPA airline. Jerry and the boys make Mr Cord look like a rank amateur. Do not make the mistake lots here make you, are not "equal" to the SLC chosen ones, neither am I, but I know that already.
PBR

viper548 said:
I'm sure being fired from a 121 carrier for failure to show for work would look good on a mainline application too

Listen homie, that's what sick time and FMLA are all about---there are a hundred reasons not to go to work, if they push you you call the FAA (I almost said ALPA attorney, but I guess that doesn't apply). ASA pilots have had to put up with more shi.t than Sky West pilots could BEGIN TO IMAGINE, and have had to do it for YEARS!

I think it would have been nice for ASA pilots to get at least lip service that SKYW pilots would support ASA's efforts to gain a new and fair contract--only three years in the making and one-third done.

The SKYW pilots are going to get a crash course in Molotov Cocktail production from the ASA pilots, I only hope you are up to the lesson........

I support ASA getting a new contract in a timely manner. I'm just sick of hearing how you guys are gonna burn the company down if you don't get what you want. If it came down to you guys striking and SKW wanting me to fly your route, I'd take MIL leave. I'm sure there are many pilots that would take leave to avoid flying struck work, but I don't think you can expect that from everyone.

PBRstreetgang said:
Jettool,
Well letsee,
$19.02(SKYW newhire pay) X 800(average yearly hrs flown) X 2000(aprox number of pilots). If you place $35.00 and multiply that is where those whacked out numbers came from, this was just a simplistic exercise to illustrate how SKYW mgmt thinks.
You also have to take into account the training costs for these new pilots. the company claims it's $30K

viper548 said:
I support ASA getting a new contract in a timely manner. I'm just sick of hearing how you guys are gonna burn the company down if you don't get what you want. If it came down to you guys striking and SKW wanting me to fly your route, I'd take MIL leave. I'm sure there are many pilots that would take leave to avoid flying struck work, but I don't think you can expect that from everyone.

ASA pilots are tired of their ulcers, headaches, and high blood pressure; much caused by the companies unrestricted warfare on the current contract. A few days ago WH (probably the second most hated and worthless employee at ASA) gets a major promotion, and BL (an arrogant, self-centered, bureaucrat) is promoted to Presidente.......none of this was well recieved by the ASA pilot group, and quickly killed any thoughts of a honeymoon with SKYW management.

I appreciate your thoughts of taking mil leave to avoid flying struck work. And no, I know not everyone could do that. Even within the ranks of ASA there would be a handful of scabs (I've spoken with at least three POS's at ASA who would probably scab)....but that's life, they'll have to live with their choice.

Palerider957 said:
. Even within the ranks of ASA there would be a handful of scabs (I've spoken with at least three POS's at ASA who would probably scab)....but that's life, they'll have to live with their choice.

I heard we had a FO leave for G0-jets becuase of the quick upgrade.

79%N1 said:
I've been here 4 years, am nowhere near upgrade and will lose my house and most of my belongings if that happened!!

That would suck if you got s. canned. I wouldnt feel sorry for you though. If you lose your house and most of your belongings thats your own damn fault.
I work for Skywest and I really dont give a s. if pilots at my airline lose their job or your airline lose their job. Thats life, its not fair.
If you dont know by now that this industry is unstable, and you rely on an airline as your main source of income, well again thats your own damn fault.

Bum

Latest resources

Back