Skywest to phase out ASA. Could this be true

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
viper548 said:
You also have to take into account the training costs for these new pilots. the company claims it's $30K
I do not have the companys copy of the contracts with UAL and DAL, but I think that the training costs are covered, but I digress, the exercise was an illustration. I guess even my sharpest Crayolas will not work their magic here.
I will say good luck, your are gonna need it.
PBR

Nice....You ASA boys are saying so not so nice things here about the company that bought you, I can't see why they would want to replace you. But I'll be sure not to come to work to support a group here telling me about "Molotov Cocktail production from the ASA pilots" they plan on giving me.

No worry, UAL and DL will be hiring again, I heard 2012 looks good.

Palerider
I can listen to a line pilot vent or I can look to past history for what I believe ASA will do. I don't see the militancy you would like to see. Take the finger off the transmit switch for a moment.

jehtplane said:
Whoa boy, You are a wholly owned subsidiary of Skywest, INC. The same as ASA!
You boys keep telling us to watch out, I would not want to be working for ASA, well lets reverse this, what is to stop Skywest, INC from transferring assets to ASA! I will tell you, ONE LIST. Get ALPA on the property over there and lets prevent the whipsaw before it happens , it can happen to you guys too, NOT JUST ASA. You are just as vulnerable as we are.

PBR that was a bunch of wacked out math. What happens when people start year two of longevity, do you fire them and start over as well. That was pretty stupid!

Jehtplane,
you are right in that they are a subsidiary of Skywest Inc, and they are just as prone to losing assets as ASA but if they were to transfer assets I would think they would tranfer to the non-union carrier.

Russ said:
Palerider
I can listen to a line pilot vent or I can look to past history for what I believe ASA will do. I don't see the militancy you would like to see. Take the finger off the transmit switch for a moment.

Russ, I appreciate your comments. I don't "want" militant acts--truly. I simply don't know any other way for the pilot group to get the attention of management. I think ASA pilots would have loved to create a good working relationship with SKYW management--good charma has lacked at ASA for many, many years. People were really hoping for a breath of fresh air with the SKYW purchase, instead we have dumba$$ Willie, and Joe Delta (Brian) promoted. This was a golden chance to SKYW to work things out (erradicate the top of ASA mgmt.)...they missed it.

As ASA pilots are backed up against a wall, the reaction will simply be "fight or flight." Given that choice, I hope they fight.

everyonedoa360 said:
But I'll be sure not to come to work to support a group here telling me about "Molotov Cocktail production from the ASA pilots" they plan on giving me.
Dude, you really should think before you type. Flying anyone's struck work is not just career suicide, it's also fundamentally wrong. SkyWest was very understanding when pilots were concerned about flying struck work during the Comair strike. We as pilots need to be sure they understand that we will not be flying struck work at ASA either. Think about what scabbing would do to the bargaining position at ASA. Would you want someone doing that to you when you are negotiating? There's a reason scabs enjoy such a high level of disdain.

"Bluto - SkyWest was very understanding when pilots were concerned about flying struck work during the Comair strike"

What a joke, I guess that is why I have a few thousand hours in COMAIR planes. In fact I remember when one Skywest pilot did not want to do that first flight into comair land and the company told him something along the lines, don't show up to work ever again if you don't do this flight.

Perhaps, you look at the FACTS before you type! Dude!

And since I think your a Skywest pilot, play your hand with no union and hold a ASA pilots hand in the line. You won't be employed when ASA comes back to work. WE HAVE NO UNION, You can't NOT SHOW UP FOR WORK WITHOUT A UNION, the company has ALL THE RIGHTS, you have none. The ASA pilots have a right to not cross the line, you don't, dude!

Last edited:
everyonedoa360 said:
"Bluto - SkyWest was very understanding when pilots were concerned about flying struck work during the Comair strike"

What a joke, I guess that is why I have a few thousand hours in COMAIR planes. In fact I remember when one Skywest pilot did not want to do that first flight into comair land and the company told him something along the lines, don't show up to work ever again if you don't do this flight.

Perhaps, you look at the FACTS before you type! Dude!

And since I think your a Skywest pilot, play your hand with no union and hold a ASA pilots hand in the line. You won't be employed when ASA comes back to work. WE HAVE NO UNION, You can't NOT SHOW UP FOR WORK WITHOUT A UNION, the company has ALL THE RIGHTS, you have none. The ASA pilots have a right to not cross the line, you don't, dude!

everyonedoa306...If you do what you say you will do you will find yourself on the master scab list. Hope you're planning on retiring at Skywest because that is where your aviation career will end.

Latest resources

Back