• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest talking pilot pay raise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those fabulous treats aren't available in any of the places we fly...don't think they would make up for the complete lack of any cost of living increase over the last 6 years anyway?!

no unfortunately they dont, I think its a ploy by management to try and show that they actually care about us. Management could do more by getting rid of our bucket system for reserve than giving me some $hity meal.

Why would skywest vote for alpa. Alpa has done NOTHING for reginoals. Skywest has one of the best contracts. They are getting so much growth its silly.

If they vote in alpa then that growth will stop. It may come at the expense of asa but thats life and while asa has alpa its just the way its going to be

and if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass a hopin'!

so what? so, out of gratitude we should vote in a union? JA has been successful not because of luck or any other excuse. he has understood that he needs to walk to fine line between keeping his people happy and delivering a cost efficient, quality product. he understands that happy employees=a succesful company. he changes and adjusts according to the market, and that includes attracting and retaining good people. it only makes sense that he wants to offer a prospective pilot the best package he can while remaining competitive.

this argument is used over and over again, but I think incorrectly. if I understand it correctly, ALPA gets somebody 'A' and JA mathces with 'A' for SW pilots. then ALPA gets a group 'B' and JA matches. well, if that were true, we'd always be lagging, one step behind. last I checked, we make as much or more than others, have competitive work rules, QOL, etc.

the attempt to 'sell' ALPA to this pilot group will go a lot better when we can look at another and say 'gee, they have it better than us thanks to ALPA. maybe we should have it too.'

to date, many of us (and many former ALPA), see it quite the opposite.

FLAME AWAY!!!

I got news for you! You have what you have, thanks to ALPA! If the pay falls at other D.... Connection Carriers, we'll see if you are singing the same tune when JA unilaterally lowers your pay (overnight)! Go back and read some of the garbage from your C/P a few months back when he mentions that they hope to maintain your pay rates and benefits, but competitive conditions could cause that to change! In reality, No one really cares about you but your MOMMA! You just haven't figured it out yet!

Last edited:
You're correct, DAL did take wages away from their non union groups when it was required, but they did take away from DALPA as well, it just took longer. All the things DALPA said would never happen, scope, wages, retirement, blah-blah-blah, all happened. Having ALPA in here is just going to make this place a living hell for 5 years until a contract gets worked out, if not longer. We can keep progressing torwards better in constant steps or we can try WW III to place an agreement with mighty ALPA helping us. From what has happened at ASA and what is probably going to happen at Comair, I feel it's best stay with what we have. A three year FO showed me his to date pay stub, albiet he works hard, is over 59K.

Ya lets bring in ALPA, watch the roses bloom.

:rolleyes:Spoken like a true...dare I say it...SCAB!! Get all those things BECAUSE of all the other UNION carriers, you must be SOOOOOO PROUD!!

and if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass a hopin'!

so what? so, out of gratitude we should vote in a union? JA has been successful not because of luck or any other excuse. he has understood that he needs to walk to fine line between keeping his people happy and delivering a cost efficient, quality product. he understands that happy employees=a succesful company. he changes and adjusts according to the market, and that includes attracting and retaining good people. it only makes sense that he wants to offer a prospective pilot the best package he can while remaining competitive.

this argument is used over and over again, but I think incorrectly. if I understand it correctly, ALPA gets somebody 'A' and JA mathces with 'A' for SW pilots. then ALPA gets a group 'B' and JA matches. well, if that were true, we'd always be lagging, one step behind. last I checked, we make as much or more than others, have competitive work rules, QOL, etc.

the attempt to 'sell' ALPA to this pilot group will go a lot better when we can look at another and say 'gee, they have it better than us thanks to ALPA. maybe we should have it too.'

to date, many of us (and many former ALPA), see it quite the opposite.

FLAME AWAY!!!

:puke:!!! WOW, SOMEBODY is drinking WAAAAAAAAYYYYY to much Kool-Aid!

You're correct, DAL did take wages away from their non union groups when it was required, but they did take away from DALPA as well, it just took longer. All the things DALPA said would never happen, scope, wages, retirement, blah-blah-blah, all happened.

They did not. DALPA and their pilots worked with the company to find what would be a workable deal. It was a negotiation.

ALPA is not the fix all but when your own boss says he can change the game any time he wants, well I would get it in writing. No contract, no ceritified rep means no recourse.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back