• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest talking pilot pay raise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just a reminder, has Skywest seen any cost of living raise over the last 5 years?
If not then they are allready operating at a 8-10% pay cut. (Asume about 2% COL increases.) I was just reading (sorry can't find source) COL is expected to jump almost 4% in the next year due to the record level increased energy cost. Just think.... They'll need at least a 14% raise just to realign to what they made 6 years ago....... WOW. I hope I'm wrong here.

This same thing happened last time the union drive was gaining momentum. Then, just when the pay talks, and the union drive, came to a head, the company said they had to back off until the drive was over for legal purposes (interfering with a union drive restrictions, etc.). Then, after the drive failed, they were unwilling to negotiate pay any further. Many SkyWest pilots are watching carefully to see if this happens again. If it does, expect to hear many pilots crying foul. If a repeat occurs, I think the pilots as a whole will definitely take notice.

I think they should have taken notice the last time...?

Just a reminder, has Skywest seen any cost of living raise over the last 5 years?
If not then they are allready operating at a 8-10% pay cut. (Asume about 2% COL increases.) I was just reading (sorry can't find source) COL is expected to jump almost 4% in the next year due to the record level increased energy cost. Just think.... They'll need at least a 14% raise just to realign to what they made 6 years ago....... WOW. I hope I'm wrong here.

i think its actually about 10 years since there was a COL raise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh, well, they did. As a result they voted down the 1.2% raise that was eventually offered and started a union drive. You have any better ideas?

I was just attempting to point out what should be the very obvious to all our "fence sitters" and anti-union types...sadly, too many still don't seem to get it!

You putz and biatches, listen up.....

The only, and i repeat ONLY, reason that your management is talking to you about a raise is to get the newbies to think that management cares. Skywest is supposedly hiring alot of new guys and guys are there and happy to just be in a snj (shiny new jet).

If management really cared for you guys, they would have made a deal awhile ago and not, as stated earlier, when your union drive started.

Repeat after me, management will disappear when your union drive fails. As a newbie will say "I am just glad to be here."

peace and QX wants a raise also.

If you want to see what you need to keep up with inflation you can go to the Bureau of Labor Statistics website or click here. They have plenty of good info on there. I checked the inflation rate on there a few months ago and 7 months into the year we were already at close to 4% inflation. Averaged out I think it came to a "possible" inflation rate of 7.7% for the whole year.

I have to laugh at the way management flashes a milkbone and the junior pilots start yapping like hungry puppies.
Reminds me of a Captain there who was thrilled to tears because he heard they were going to merge with Delta and was counting his days to retire as a millionaire.

Yeah..and just think...we get ALPA in here and we'll just be swimming in the greenbacks with protected jobs like TWA, Eastern, United, ASA, Delta, etc, etc.......and all those other protected union jobs singing Kum Ba Ya with management because we're all so happy and proud to have a union on property that doesn't do a G$# D#%^ thing for you.

Yeah..JA just can't wait to screw his pilot group like when 9/11 came and his non union, unprotected pilots were furloughed....oh, wait a minute...that was every OTHER airline except his.

The ALPA kool aid is just as warm and fuzzy aint it?

Take the raise and stay away from ALPA.

ALPA is one of the, if not the only, union where your wages will continue to decrease over time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back