• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest talking pilot pay raise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He knew the cards were coming out before he agreed to the meeting. What do you think lit the fire under his ass to begin with. The union polling. It's the SSDD with them. Hasn't anyone learned from the past. He looks like the good guy while they try to make us look like the greedy ones. Just wait until the propaganda hits and they pit the other employee groups against the pilots.

It's going to take a lot longer than a week to hear anything anyways. We'll be lucky to hear anything in a couple of months.

Do you think the alpa Guy's called up brad and said "Hey Brad time to come to the table, it's looking good for avote soon" Both sides will spin it just as everyone has come to expect it to be spun.

webster:a contemptible person b (1) : a worker who refuses to join a labor union (2) :

Pretty sure thats a refrence to workers who refuse to join a union @ a company that HAS a union.

Are all Walmart employees scabs? Does someone who gets a job @ Skywesy become a scab the second they show up to class? If yes, then "scab" seems like a pretty empty word.

Man there are going to be lots of responses here.

Skywest does not have a union and therefore they dont HAVE A CONTRACT. Go fly a kite you have no idea what you're talking about.

Maybe you should educate yourself first. The following is the definition from several dictionaries;

webster:a contemptible person b (1) : a worker who refuses to join a labor union (2) : a union member who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended (3) : a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike (4) : one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms

Dictionary.com: a worker who refuses to join a labor union or to participate in a union strike, who takes a striking worker's place on the job, or the like.

I hate to say it guy, but perhaps you need to brush up on that whole reading comprehension thing. Your correct in the facts that we don't have a contract or a union. If you reread what your took so much effort to hunt down to cut and paste into your post you would see that "scab" would not apply to the pilots at SkyWest. Give us some time and maybe we'll be able to put union bumperstickers on our pick-ups and enjoy those benefits you've fought for all those years as a union pilot. Don't cheapen a word meant to describe your co-workers who undercut your right to strike or walk into your crewroom to fly your trip. Using your logic I guess we should call all those "suknblow" guys flying RJ's across the country "scabs" for taking away flying from the mainline jobs that we would have had at three (now twice) the pay. My bad, I guess that's already been done.

Looks like no raise. Word is cards are going out, so Brad will now be unable to even ofer any thing. IE. cant try to influence the vote by ofering a raise. It would have been nice to give him at least a week to see if they realy were going to come through with enough to cover dues.

and you don't think that was part of their plan all along? Just like the last drive, and the drive before that????

Gr82,

I have a serious question for you. When you look at what is going on at ASA and what has/will soon go on at Comair, is it attractive to you? Do you say 'man, I wish we had that at SkyWest!'?

honest question.

Gr82,

I have a serious question for you. When you look at what is going on at ASA and what has/will soon go on at Comair, is it attractive to you? Do you say 'man, I wish we had that at SkyWest!'?

honest question.

The question is irrelevant, like apples to oranges. How can you compare companies that first were wholly owned subsidiaries, secondly they are very poorly managed. I guess if thats how you want to look at, look at American Eagle they are ALPA and making money had over fist. I think managment of the company has more to do with it, than whether or not a Union is on property. You shouldnt worry anyways, from what i hear lots of new people coming to skywest from other ALPA carriers dont want anything to do with ALPA. Specifically TSA and Pinnacle.

Gr82,

honest question.

Skynation do you think management is sincere in coming to the table to talk about pay?

Gr82,

honest question.

Substitute FEDEX and UPS for ASA and Comair. The comparison is just as (in)valid...

Gr82,

honest question.

You're kidding, right? If it weren't for the whipsaw value of pilots willing to grab their collective ankles and, for example, fly 90 seat jets for 50 seat wages (and historically low ones at that) because they really don't have a say in the matter anyhow, an awful lot of what's happening today at the airlines you mentioned wouldn't be happening. You seem to see a difference between saying "we'll do it for less" and being told "because they'll do it for less, you'll do it for less." That distinction escapes me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back