Skywest SAPA proposed pay package is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NO

This should not be voted on until 1/1/2011.

Let them take their dirty nickels and buy something else.

MDG of 5 hrs and pay for de-ice. That should pass.

You guys don't get paid for de-ice?

not in ORD when you de-ice at the gate, before push-back.

Everywhere else Yes.

There is no reason to vote for this. A 1% (or 1.5%)is a face slap.

It's like going out to eat, at a nice place, and leaving a penny for a tip. It's more insulting than leaving nothing at all. It's not that you forgot to tip, It's that you found the service to be so poor that you only wanted to give the lowest amount possible! This shows managements true disdain for the pilot group.

As far as regionals go, "I wish I was flying for Skywest."

It isn't always about finding someplace better to work, it is about making the place where you currently work better. I am happy to work for a strong company that values financial stability. I think Skywest is a great regional, so I would not want to work at another regional. I also don't think you have to choose to work at another company because you don't agree with certain aspects of your current company. There seems to be this attitude that you cannot disagree with someone or something without being completely for it or against it. That is completely false. Most of the time you might agree with something 80% or disagree with one thing, but not another. Regardless, you can still be a good employee while disagreeing with certain company decisions and you can still be a strong union member while disagreeing with certain union decisions.

I am guessing by the tone of your question that you also believe Skywest is one of the best places to be. So if Skywest is the leader of the regional airline industry (financially stable, growth potential, strong contracts, good training, etc...) why is it that we aren't the leaders on pay and work rules. It seems to me that Skywest is one of the only regionals in the country that is in a position to pay pilots more and support a higher QOL and yet they do not.

Why don't you value your services and your profession enough to expect more from Skywest?

Very well said, hope vtech reads it!

You got 3.57 because we at ASA got 3.57 in our PBS loa. You get nothing at Skywest unless a union carrier gets it first. You are the true coat tail riding, scum sucking, barnacles of the industry. You have no choice in anything, your insurance will be changed to a CDHP while we at ASA keep our PPO. You are being used to try to lower expectations at ASA. Face it, your pilot group is the whip in the whipsaw. If we get it, you will, if we don't, you won't! Why don't yall do something intelligent, and beneficial for you and us, and join us so we can all pull in the same direction?

I think that many look at as if "ALPA would be a gun to the head and not would be a gun to the heart", what would you do?

As far as regionals go, "I wish I was flying for Skywest."

It isn't always about finding someplace better to work, it is about making the place where you currently work better. I am happy to work for a strong company that values financial stability. I think Skywest is a great regional, so I would not want to work at another regional. I also don't think you have to choose to work at another company because you don't agree with certain aspects of your current company. There seems to be this attitude that you cannot disagree with someone or something without being completely for it or against it. That is completely false. Most of the time you might agree with something 80% or disagree with one thing, but not another. Regardless, you can still be a good employee while disagreeing with certain company decisions and you can still be a strong union member while disagreeing with certain union decisions.

I am guessing by the tone of your question that you also believe Skywest is one of the best places to be. So if Skywest is the leader of the regional airline industry (financially stable, growth potential, strong contracts, good training, etc...) why is it that we aren't the leaders on pay and work rules. It seems to me that Skywest is one of the only regionals in the country that is in a position to pay pilots more and support a higher QOL and yet they do not.

Why don't you value your services and your profession enough to expect more from Skywest?

I read it, Dizel.

As expected, there isn't another regional that he'd like to work for other than Skywest. A lot of pilots have left other regionals to come to work for Skywest but very few, if any, have ever left Skywest to go to work for another regional.

The pay package? Not what the majority of those who frequent these boards would ever vote for. But then those who frequent these boards don't represent the majority view. This may be a closer vote that in the past but the proposal will be approved.

For those that want to "send a message" by voting "NO," ask yourself what was the result of the last "message" sent to management by voting "NO."

For those that want to vote "NO" and send it back to the table, ask yourself what was the result of the last time it was sent back to the table.

For those that want 5% or more across the board, where are all the recent contracts that have resulted in what you're thinking you deserve?

The question was asked, "why is it that we (Skywest) aren't the leaders on pay and work rules?" The answer is that we are in many areas. That's why nobody has pointed to another regional for whom they'd rather be working.

Is everything perfect at Skywest? No. Is everthing perfect at any airline? No. Is there a better regional to work for. I don't think so.

Do I want Skywest to be a better place to work. Yes. Do I value my services to the company. Yes.

Will voting "NO" make Skywest a better place to work. No. If I vote "NO," will management value my services more. No.

I believe it's the best management will offer and I know the representative board beleves it's the best management will offer.

That's the reason the proposal will pass. The person who has worked very hard on behalf of the Skywest pilots and who is held in high regard by the most vocal portion of the Skywest pilot group has said this is the most he and the team he has worked with to put this proposal together can get from management and that going back to the table will not result in a better offer.

Last edited:
You got 3.57 because we at ASA got 3.57 in our PBS loa. You get nothing at Skywest unless a union carrier gets it first. You are the true coat tail riding, scum sucking, barnacles of the industry. You have no choice in anything, your insurance will be changed to a CDHP while we at ASA keep our PPO. You are being used to try to lower expectations at ASA. Face it, your pilot group is the whip in the whipsaw. If we get it, you will, if we don't, you won't! Why don't yall do something intelligent, and beneficial for you and us, and join us so we can all pull in the same direction?

I'm sorry, but by "we" did you mean ASA before you were bailed out by SKW? I mean, weren't you just a giant turd in the Delta toilet that wouldn't flush until SKW bailed you out?

VTECH,
The HEAD of the negotiating committee told me the last pay package was a net loss...

MDG had to be changed to 3:57 b/c this agreement changed the number of days reserves work from 20 to 19. 19 days * 3:57 = 75h5m

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back