• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Pay Proposal Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea! for the 1% pay raise. Combine that with an annual inflation rate of greater than 1%, and you all just voted in a net pay decrease. Good job.

Fiancee is at Skywest and some friends too.

BTW, $0.45 an hour wouldn't make or break us but it's the principle of the matter, know what I mean?

Ok now I understand. $.45 is not much but I think it has to be done as a building block. As the industry keeps getting strong keep getting the little raises to add up to a big one. I expect there to be COLA, raise for Brasillia, etc in the next agreement. Without it I will not vote for another one. Looking back I think the block override makes it look like a bigger raise than it is. I just wanted there to be seperate pay scales. I guess we will see what the future holds. I'm sure the 70/90 will go senior now.

I'm so embarassed to ask anybody for the jumpseat now. I turned down a job at Mesa only to end up working for...Mesa?

Looking back I think the block override makes it look like a bigger raise than it is. I just wanted there to be seperate pay scales. I guess we will see what the future holds. I'm sure the 70/90 will go senior now.

Gee, ya think ya shoulda come to that conclusion BEFORE you voted, instead of looking back?

And by the way, you didn't vote to SEPARATE. It's an override with many conditions attached.

Hopefully this will be the last straw. It was for me.

and you been here how long now? how many 'straws' have you suffered through? I recall your posts when you were trying to get hired here, you backed SkyWest then, what is so different now all these MONTHS later?

classic union thuggery mentality. a guy will come to an interview, prepare, study hard, spend money flying the sim, and schmooze and tell the interviewer how much he wants the job, how excited he'd be to be here, blah blah blah. they present the payscale and all the info about the company. he smiles, does his absolute best, and hopes to get hired. then, after getting hired, turns around and starts pissing and moaning how bad he has it and how he'll 'burn the MF down' if he has to.

really impressive.

Yea! for the 1% pay raise. Combine that with an annual inflation rate of greater than 1%, and you all just voted in a net pay decrease. Good job.

yeah, we should have said no and voted in ALPA, taking a further 2% cut. that'll show 'em.

Gee, ya think ya shoulda come to that conclusion BEFORE you voted, instead of looking back?

And by the way, you didn't vote to SEPARATE. It's an override with many conditions attached.

The point is though you still get paid more to fly the bigger aircraft. That is what everyone wanted correct? Im still a proud yes voter. I will be able to make more money per year now. I still say W-2 wise we are better off than most regionals.

Reserves will get the over ride for any time they flew the 700/900 and go over the 75 hour mark. Line holders I believe will get the over ride for any amount of time they actually fly the 700/900. There is a split rate for the FOs. Certainly not the best deal however it's something to tide us over til next year.

HAHAHAHAHA. You really havent been here long have you?

Congrats to Marine Grunt for waking up and smelling the coffee.
Eventually SkyNutsack and HelloNewWoman will come around.

And thanks for providing the laughs.
SkyNutcake is quite the drama queen talking about union thuggery and burning the mother-fukker down when all Marine Grunt really said was that he can see the handwriting on the wall and it's time for real representation instead of a managment funded kool aid swilling student council.

You girls will figure it out sooner or later. Very few people who start as rabid anti-union parrots stay that way. If you're still at the company in 3, 5, or 7 years you'll have a different view. Trust me.

For right now you need to focus on getting yourselves through probationary year. Oh and remember when that quick upgrade rolls around you'll be a junior captain on reserve so you probably won't see a dime extra from that turd you just voted yes on. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Actually since NewGirl is in ORD she'll probably upgrade pretty quick. Still pretty junior there isn't it? Good luck making that reserve callout in the wintertime if you don't live in the nearby ghetto.

Easy there mega. A lot of SAPA folk out there are good guys and gals trying to do everything they can for the pilot group. But unfortunately, the only leverage they have after they say "please" is to say "pretty please." I think efforts should be concentrated on the ALPA drive rather than mother effing eachother. Hopefully this will be the last straw. It was for me.

Efforts should be concentrated on the ALPA drive, for what? So when SGU says no, instead of "pretty please" our reps can do what? Please, I'm dying to hear how we're going to wrench a $4 per hour pay raise for everyone out of the company.

This is the "last straw"?? Are you even done with IOE yet?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back