• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Pay Proposal Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The fact that over 700 pilots at SkyWest didn't even bother to vote is a DISGRACE !!! You guys should hang your collective heads when you walk through the terminals! What a bunch of losers, can't even bother to vote on something so critical to their own futures, nevermind ASA's, or the rest of the industry's!
You guys need someone to represent you because CLEARLY you are too incompetent/apathetic to do it for yourselves!!
If not ALPA, then IBT - dare I say it ..................... Even GoJets have representation (that's another sad story).

Why is it surprising that people didn't bother to vote between a slap in the face now versus a slap in the face next year?

Why is it surprising that people didn't bother to vote between a slap in the face now versus a slap in the face next year?

If I'm interpreting your words correctly, YOU are one of the 700+ guys that were too lazy/incompetent/apathetic to get off your sad arse and vote NO!!
I see that you're a captain, I bet a 4-day with you moaning over there in the left seat would be awesome, especially over the holidays.
Get some self respect! Have some respect for the ASA folks, who you guys have gladly cut off at the knees!
I don't see you going far in life with that attitude, after all, why would SWA/FedEx/UPS/etc want someone like you in their ranks??

Take a minute and answer the question, just don't come back whining about mngt would win anyway, blah, blah.

We start negotiations next year, now you turds have screwed (potentially) our group! At the very least, you have significantly weakened our position!

Thanks dumba$$es!!

who did you blame for all your problems before SkyWest bought you?

If I'm interpreting your words correctly, YOU are one of the 700+ guys that were too lazy/incompetent/apathetic to get off your sad arse and vote NO!!
I see that you're a captain, I bet a 4-day with you moaning over there in the left seat would be awesome, especially over the holidays.
Get some self respect! Have some respect for the ASA folks, who you guys have gladly cut off at the knees!
I don't see you going far in life with that attitude, after all, why would SWA/FedEx/UPS/etc want someone like you in their ranks??

Take a minute and answer the question, just don't come back whining about mngt would win anyway, blah, blah.

We start negotiations next year, now you turds have screwed (potentially) our group! At the very least, you have significantly weakened our position!

Thanks dumba$$es!!

There are quite a few of us who share your pain TAWS. It seems that somehow some of the folks thought you'd have to vote FOR the proposal and a 51% vote of the total pilot population for it to pass. There's a big freakin' lesson for everyone. But, as I sit here typing and thinking about it now I have to agree...DUMBA$$E$! Next time, take a position whatever it may be, spend 30 seconds not on the SAPA forum whining, and VOTE!

There are quite a few of us who share your pain TAWS. It seems that somehow some of the folks thought you'd have to vote FOR the proposal and a 51% vote of the total pilot population for it to pass. There's a big freakin' lesson for everyone. But, as I sit here typing and thinking about it now I have to agree...DUMBA$$E$! Next time, take a position whatever it may be, spend 30 seconds not on the SAPA forum whining, and VOTE!

That's pretty sad, but even worse are the guys I talked to who told me they didn't care about it(because they were single with no kids and didn't need a raise)...When it was pointed out that they should stand up for our profession and maybe give a cr@p about someone besides themselves, they still couldn't be bothered to give a sh@t! Oh, yeah...almost forgot the best part "most of them didn't think they'd be here for more than a few more months when they reached their magical 1000 PIC"! TOOLS

If you gave a pilot a million dollars, he'd complain because he'd have to pay taxes on it.

Some of Skywest's pilots just got a raise. Good for them. To those who didn't get a raise, so-the-f#&k-what? What have you lost? Go fly the jet if it's that important.

Another thing to remember: the company didn't HAVE to give anything. But they did. Keep that in mind.

Everyone had the chance to vote. If you didn't vote you lose the right to complain. If you did, and it didn't go your way, too bad. That's democracy for you. You don't get to throw a temper tantrum, institute FLY SAFE job actions, and otherwise act like a spoiled brat because you didn't get your way. You do however have the right to quit if you don't like it.

Another thing to remember: the company didn't HAVE to give anything. But they did. Keep that in mind.

The company is making about $150,000,000 a year, it has over $600,000,000 in the bank. Our executive compensation has more than doubled in the last 5 years, yet we continue to lose money on our end due to inflation. The end result will be tthat we as pilot make less per hour in 2010 than we did in 2000.

I think the company has plenty to give, it just dosent have to or want to.

Latest resources

Back