SkyWest Pay Proposal Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HelloNewman,

You are a retard! RAH rates/contract rules have been explained on this board ad nauseum! If you think this pay represents a raise in any way/shape/form, then you are challenged in more ways than you could ever imagine. Nobody expects SkyWest to mother them, just don't cut anyone else off at the knees, you moron!
If you think that your rates affect nobody else, then you are the biggest dummy on this board! I can see Bedford and Hellar saying it now "but SkyWest pilots will do it for this! What do you mean you want a raise?"
Our contract/rates aren't the best, but atleast they moved SIGNIFICANTLY in the right direction and we would like that to continue! All this in the face of an alter ego threat!

Get a life losers!!

Hey SkyNation,

SkyWest doesn't own RAH, last I checked!

gotcha, thought you worked for ASA.

you do know that SkyWest pilots make more in the end that pretty much everyone, right? tell me what year/seat/AC you are and I'll ask around here and tell you what the average guy is making. I think you'll be surprised. for instance, I flew with a 3rd year guy the other day who will make $105K this year. That is above average, and the last part of his year will be 4th year pay. I regularly fly with guys who are 4 and 5 year, and they all make in the 90K range, most without doing any extra flying.

there is much more to the equation than hourly rates.

heres the problem, i agree that we got guys that make 95k up to whatever (some instructors make over 200k.) the issue is that they gotta work their a$$s off for that. make 100/hr and you can coast and some time with the family, etc.
did i mention that i have decided that hellonewman is the biggest tool on this board.

You are a retard! RAH rates/contract rules have been explained on this board ad nauseum! If you think this pay represents a raise in any way/shape/form, then you are challenged in more ways than you could ever imagine. Nobody expects SkyWest to mother them, just don't cut anyone else off at the knees, you moron!
If you think that your rates affect nobody else, then you are the biggest dummy on this board! I can see Bedford and Hellar saying it now "but SkyWest pilots will do it for this! What do you mean you want a raise?"
Our contract/rates aren't the best, but atleast they moved SIGNIFICANTLY in the right direction and we would like that to continue! All this in the face of an alter ego threat!
Get a life losers!!

I'm worried about your health TAWS. You need to cut back on your concern for SKW, or I fear you might get a couple ulcers. I'd suggest taking up yoga. It'll mellow you out.

Oh, and perhaps you guys at RAH can throw a bone to your FOs. You don't want them flying 86 seat 175s for 37 seat rates do you?

The company is making about $150,000,000 a year, it has over $600,000,000 in the bank. Our executive compensation has more than doubled in the last 5 years, yet we continue to lose money on our end due to inflation. The end result will be tthat we as pilot make less per hour in 2010 than we did in 2000.

I think the company has plenty to give, it just dosent have to or want to.

My guess is net profits will come closer to between a fifth and a quarter BILLION in the coming year, in large part due to the lack of any meaningful raise for the flight crews that made these earnings possible!

Last edited:
I'm worried about your health TAWS. You need to cut back on your concern for SKW, or I fear you might get a couple ulcers. I'd suggest taking up yoga. It'll mellow you out.

You're probably right!

It just burns me when I hear of pilots passing sh!t contracts, when they don't need to, or not bothering to vote on something so important.

You have left a HUGE amount of cash/work rule improvements on the table!
...I do know that you definately HAVE weakened your position, because mngt will hold this up and say "but we have a contract/agreement to fly for these rates, now you want to renegotiate?" You're naive at best and no mngt type in the USA is gonna say "hey, it was fun while it lasted, you guys are right, we should give you more". Yeah right!

You see nothing beyond your little 30 seat rate and your seniority, coupled with whatever you enjoy flying (2, 3, 1 day trips), and you think this was the right move?

You are a creton! You think you have furthered your position, well you're right, you have furthered YOUR position mister, at the expense of every other regional pilot out there!
When you guys bought ASA, you had some responsibility, as Pilots, to raise the bar for the WHOLE group! NOT just the morons, who call ASA "SKYWEST EXPRESS".

You ARE pathetic and you DID weaken the negotiating position of other groups, mister "I've got mine"!!!!

Have fun with your increased purchasing power, it should last about 2 months at this rate!!

Good lord, are you wound this tight all the time?

You call me Mr. I've got Mine? Are you for real? I voted for a pay package that didn't give me anything so that we could get a wedge between the 50 and the bigger jets. That's called selflessness.

And you think we left money, no, A HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY, on the table. Well, wise one, how do we get management to give it to us? You think turning this small pay raise down is going to put them in a tight spot? You think we're going to make them squirm? You are a joke. You have no idea what you're talking about.

If we get a union, we will have legal leverage. Right now we get what we're given, and turning it down might make some of our guys sleep a little better at night, but that's about all that accomplishes.

I'm done with you.

Well, wise one, how do we get management to give it to us?

you vote in ALPA. then, you walk into Brad's office and scream 'we want a raise, dangit!' then he says, 'blow!' then you say, 'but hey, we're ALPA!!' then he says, trembling, 'oh, oh I see. my apologies. please don't hurt me!' he then asks 'how much would you like?' and then you get it.

that's pretty much how it works, right?

Latest resources

Back