• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Pay Proposal Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Newsflash starting Jan 2007 we fly the planes for different rates. 5% more than the 50 seater rate. How about taking the time to educate yourself instead of spouting off the same, tired rhetoric. SkyWest pilots no longer have a thing to be embarrassed about.

Let me see ...hmmmm 70 seats vs 50 seats why yes that's a 5% increase in capacity/ responsibility for a 5% increase in pay. Oh wait perhaps it's just fuzzy math [in class I was listening to my ipod] It must be the 90 seaters that are 5% larger .... No that doesn't work either. Perhaps if 5% of the pilots got a 5% increase that would make it a 25% increase all one has to do is leave out some zeroes. I do wish some zeros were left out (pilots not numbers)

It's not a start, it's a steamy pile...We don't have a "great negotiating table right now"???? You mean being number 20 in the world in operating income out of all carriers including freight isn't good enough for a COLA that at least matches inflation??? We actually had higher operating income last year than UPS, and they got a 40% increase!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!!

No, you don't have a great negioting table right now. No union = no negotiations (regardless of the financial standings). Take your own advice and "wake up". If SkyWest had voted this payraise down then that would have been the end of it ~ no negotiations ~ just like the previous payraise that was voted down.

In a nutshell, UPS got a 40% payraise because they have a strong union, united pilot group, and excellent company earnings. SkyWest has a management funded union(kind of defeats the purpose wouldn't you say?), a divided pilot group, and excellent company earnings. Like I said... Apples to oranges...

Last edited:
It's not a start, it's a steamy pile...We don't have a "great negotiating table right now"???? You mean being number 20 in the world in operating income out of all carriers including freight isn't good enough for a COLA that at least matches inflation??? We actually had higher operating income last year than UPS, and they got a 40% increase!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!!

Gee. I must have missed something. I didn't realize that Skywest had a $1 BILLION dollar income last year.

For those that say that voting ALPA is tantamount to a 2% pay cut......answer me this:

How is buying something you can benefit from, taking a pay cut?

AF :cool:

Well, the good news is:
1. SAPA can negotiate improvements at ANY TIME.
2. The Company policy is to "review" pay on an annual basis
3. Atleast as of now the company can still negotiate directly with their pilots, instead of someone in Washingon D.C. (Herndon)

hahahahahahahah, lol lol lol

For those that say that voting ALPA is tantamount to a 2% pay cut......answer me this:

How is buying something you can benefit from, taking a pay cut?

AF :cool:

:bawling: :crying: :bawling: :crying: sorry ALPA isn't going to be your knight and shining armor anytime soon. It's not buying something. I do not want them and a lot of other people do not want them, therefore it is a paycut for at least us. Sorry the majority will probably never vote for ALPA. 30% of our pilots didn't even vote on the pay proposal. You can take comfort in the fact that we now get paid more to fly the 700/900

Newsflash starting Jan 2007 we fly the planes for different rates. 5% more than the 50 seater rate. How about taking the time to educate yourself instead of spouting off the same, tired rhetoric. SkyWest pilots no longer have a thing to be embarrassed about.
Yes we do, for as long as you are on the senority list, hopefully you will not get through the probation interview.
toolbox
PBR

I am proud to say that I voted NO on the pay proposal. Although I am on the EMB now, but having flown the jet, I know that it is not a split pay scale. It is an override. A split pay scale would have different hourly rates for each plane. Also, SGU is going to adjust block times starting January 1st. How convenient...

Yes we do, for as long as you are on the senority list, hopefully you will not get through the probation interview.
toolbox
PBR

Sorry already passed the probie interview. I don't see why I would fail that interview when my viewpoint is in the majority. Viewpoints on pay have nothing to do with the probationary evaluation anyway. Typical response, wanting someone who has imagination and disagrees with you to fail. Sorry I not only survived my first year, now I am thriving.

Sad

Bohica bend override is not a split rate. Our current SAPA pres is spewing the same Snake-Oil-salesman pitch he was given by B.H.

"Bottom line split the rate" blah blah blah.

Take the "Zoltar" QOL improvements over this snake override. QOL would be meaningful to all of the Pilots. Heaven forbid we band together and stop focusing on spiltting the rates the wrong way.

ALPA, Yes I know its not the answer to all problems, but it's still an option.

Within MINUTES our policy manual is changed.

MANAGEMENT since November 2006

1. credit times to be adjusted Jan. 1st
2. Another round of what constitues cancellation pay. (interpretted by B.H.)
3. Mandatory qualification for the 900 "LMAO"

AND WE THOUGHT WE WERE OVER A BARREL AFTER UPA FAILED!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back