• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Pay Proposal Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey F**K FACE It's going to take a long time with 45 cents increase, ever heard of inflation, it's a lot more every year than 45 ct, your building block are building a pay cut.

I got to say that of all the people who post here you got to be the biggest loser.

Not as big of a paycut as taking no raise for anyone and still voting in a union. Thanks for the kind words. Why all this anger directed at me when this was what the majority wanted? Remember I am not the only one who voted yes. I am sure this will be another thing where everyone swears they voted no but somehow the election was rigged. It seems to always happen that way. Just like the ALPA vote in 1999 was "rigged" and the vote for the TA in 2003 was "rigged". The real truth is a lot of people just say they voted no to appease the other pilots and to take the easy way out of a debate/argument.

What union drive? As you can see by the morons on this board, and by the number of people who didn't even bothered to vote, there's slightly less interest in union representation, than there is in making Jesse Jackson the Grand Knight of the KKK.

VOTED NO

Agree 100% The ALPA drive has a very slim chance of success when over 750 pilots failed to vote either way on this pay proposal. I don't get it, how hard was it to vote?

Beotch, If you haven't figured it out by now, I am not even going to argue with you. I for one have benefited from my ALPA membership. No I didn't use there legal representation. I think in my opinion you would too. That is all.

I'm not saying ALPA cannot be beneficial. It can be very beneficial. You completely missed my point in that post.

And if your little remark at the end was directed toward me. Brother let me tell you about ten hours a day in an ag plane, paying my own way threw college, and loading 5,000 pound of UPS boxes in a DC-3 at 0400.

That last remark is only intended to people that advocate unions in an ignorant way. Is that you?

So you've put blood, sweat, and tears into your career. You've had to work hard. Welcome to the club.

Not as big of a paycut as taking no raise for anyone and still voting in a union. Thanks for the kind words. Why all this anger directed at me when this was what the majority wanted? Remember I am not the only one who voted yes. I am sure this will be another thing where everyone swears they voted no but somehow the election was rigged. It seems to always happen that way. Just like the ALPA vote in 1999 was "rigged" and the vote for the TA in 2003 was "rigged". The real truth is a lot of people just say they voted no to appease the other pilots and to take the easy way out of a debate/argument.

Hey moron 1% less COLA around 4% give you a 3% pay cut, How can you not see that, are you that F UP???
I'm sure the EMB crew have kinder words for you.

Proud to sell your brothers (and sisters) out. Just what management likes- divide and conquer. You'll be crying for a union in a few years.

Well I guess the union litmus test passed for the company. I would be shocked if ALPA gets voted in now.

WOW, I honestly can't believe this passes. You guys are a farking joke! As someone else said, an over ride is NOT a split rate. What a bunch of clowns.

Just like the ALPA vote in 1999 was "rigged" and the vote for the TA in 2003 was "rigged". The real truth is a lot of people just say they voted no to appease the other pilots and to take the easy way out of a debate/argument.

Check your facts FNG. The vote in 1999 for ALPA would have passed if it wasn't for a couple of ballots postmarked a day late. The majority of pilots voted for it. Noone that I have talked to since 1999 claims the vote was rigged. It just sucks that 4 or 5 ballots got postmarked a day late.

Early 2003 was a different story with voting conducted on a company controlled website. The biggest farce was the voting got cut off early. Then hours before voting was originally scheduled to end UAL put out a press release saying we had been awarded the flying. So in essence we were going to get the flying regardless of the outcome of the vote. The gents in SGU cast out a shiny lure and we bit. That's what happens when you don't have experts to advise you and instead rely on well intentioned SAPA folks. If we had dug in our heels and demanded a 3 or 4 buck an hour wedge in the scale the total additional cost to the company would have been about the same cost as a single RJ captain over the 18 months based on the advertised delivery schedule. So it was never about the new airplanes or the money. They just wanted to take advantage of a pilot group that was nervous about the Bain group and losing flying to Mesa.

You talk so much sh1t and try to give people the impression you know what happened but the simple fact is you weren't even on the property when these events happened. You're still a junior FO in ORD. That's why you can't get the stories about these events straight.

I voted no

I would have voted yes if there was a pay increase for the bro and the bonus awards went to employees with less than 2 years.

I find it sad that probably half of the employees will help scheduling out because they are new but then they won't get anything extra to show for their performance.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back