• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Pay Proposal Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you vote in ALPA. then, you walk into Brad's office and scream 'we want a raise, dangit!' then he says, 'blow!' then you say, 'but hey, we're ALPA!!' then he says, trembling, 'oh, oh I see. my apologies. please don't hurt me!' he then asks 'how much would you like?' and then you get it.

that's pretty much how it works, right?

No, you organize under the RLA. Then you have a legal means of applying leverage to the people you negotiate with. Right now we have no leverage, and you've seen the results: our pay on the bigger jets is getting closer to the bottom of the pack.

No, you organize under the RLA. Then you have a legal means of applying leverage to the people you negotiate with. Right now we have no leverage, and you've seen the results: our pay on the bigger jets is getting closer to the bottom of the pack.

Closer to??? We're there!!!!!!!

You're right, kind of. Our 70 pay is not, our 90 is (at the bottom). Both are disgraceful. I could make 15K a year more flying the jet, but it's not worth compromising my principles (and I'd have to commute.)

Jayme - you are a turd. A big fat MRY turd. Next time a vote comes along for something, maybe consider people other than yourself as part of your decision making process. I'm glad you don't need a raise, but some of us could have used one.

And you think turning this down would have meant a raise for you (I assume you are on the Brasilia)? How would that work? It took a year to rework the pay proposal after we turned the last one down. I am pretty confident that management is not going to offer another pay package until the union drive is over (about a year from now, as far as I can tell.) So if the union passes, we'll start from a stronger position with this new pay package in place: we will not have to start from scratch to split the jet pay scales. If the union does not pass, then we could have expected another year of "negotiations" with SAPA, so now we're talking 2009 before we would have gotten the "new" package in place (assuming it would have been good enough for you). All along SkyWest Inc would pocket the money this package got us (admittedly not much).

So if you want to call me a turd, go for it. If you want to man up and call me that to my face, you know where to find me. Until then, you're just another anonymous internet *************************.

edit: this website blocks out a word that rhymes with wussy.

Last edited:
And you think turning this down would have meant a raise for you (I assume you are on the Brasilia)? How would that work? It took a year to rework the pay proposal after we turned the last one down. I am pretty confident that management is not going to offer another pay package until the union drive is over (about a year from now, as far as I can tell.) So if the union passes, we'll start from a stronger position with this new pay package in place: we will not have to start from scratch to split the jet pay scales. If the union does not pass, then we could have expected another year of "negotiations" with SAPA, so now we're talking 2009 before we would have gotten the "new" package in place (assuming it would have been good enough for you). All along SkyWest Inc would pocket the money this package got us (admittedly not much).

So if you want to call me a turd, go for it. If you want to man up and call me that to my face, you know where to find me. Until then, you're just another anonymous internet *************************.

edit: this website blocks out a word that rhymes with wussy.

We still have to "start from scratch" since our jet rates are not split! An override is not a split in any way shape or form!! Not to mention they're getting 53% more seats, and even more revenue potential with first class for a miniscule bump in pay...

Last edited:
Are you suggesting that the "block hour override" is not more money than "no block hour override"?

How is "something" less than or equal to "nothing"? Are you guys retarded?

It's not adequate. It is a slap in the face. It's not enough to make me want to fly the jet.

But it IS more money than before. You can not convince me otherwise. When we argue for split rates on the 70 and 90 we can point to the BHO and say "Well, if the bigger planes don't deserve more pay, why do we have a BHO?" You'd rather start negotiations on a real contract with one rate for all jets? You think that's a stronger position? You will not convince me.

Are you suggesting that the "block hour override" is not more money than "no block hour override"?

How is "something" less than or equal to "nothing"? Are you guys retarded?

It's not adequate. It is a slap in the face. It's not enough to make me want to fly the jet.

But it IS more money than before. You can not convince me otherwise. When we argue for split rates on the 70 and 90 we can point to the BHO and say "Well, if the bigger planes don't deserve more pay, why do we have a BHO?" You'd rather start negotiations on a real contract with one rate for all jets? You think that's a stronger position? You will not convince me.

Keep walking your dog jayme. 1.2% was for all pilots a year ago and is more money than BOHICA override. If someone posts an agreeable opinion with another poster so be it. Management gave us an override and we are still over a barrel by showing lack of unity, union or not. If you believe in fuzzy math like al gore than we know why you enjoy the BOHICA override.

Why wouldn't company agree to $5.00/hr for the 700 and $7.00hr/ for the 900? Sounds like it would cost them roughly the same after all the paperwork and time spent figuring out pay for the next 4 years of 0.067% override.

Also why wait to see if ALPA gets on the property or not? Aim High in case you fall short. We aimed for the fyckng curb and hit it dead arse on.

The mentality of this "wet behind the ears" pilot group is disturbing to say the least.

I voted no on the last proposal because it was a one-time 1.2% with no amendable date and because there was no differentiation between the jets. That would have ensured me a raise. I voted it down.

Somebody outlined on the sapa forums how this time around the total package costs the company 1.8%. The last one was 1.2% This package is more than the last package and there's an amendable date and we now have ammo to argue during real contract negotiations (if we organize) that the bigger jets deserve more pay.

I don't give a flying fck if 2 posters agree with eachother. What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Why didn't the comany agree to a real split? How the fck do I know? If I had to guess, I'd say that the company figured it would cost them less. But what difference does it make? If we voted it down, do you think the company was going to come back with the rates you suggest? They have no reason to. They would have said "Huh, well, maybe they'll go for it next year." They were pushing the RLA rules by offering a pay package at this stage of a union drive, they certainly weren't going to "renegotiate" for a couple more months and come back with something better.

SAPA aimed for the curb and came up with this garbage. I just voted on it using the information I had. Nothing you said makes me think I made a mistake.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back