• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Pay Proposal Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if the math is right, then that's right between Low Mesa (SKY is $3 more) and RAH (SKYW is $3 less).

So 4 months from now, at the bargaining table, I can see JO saying, well right now we're close enough to SKYW, and BB saying..no raise..look at SKYW.

Who the hell voted yes for this? Companies making a hundred some-odd mil a year, you shoulda gone for an EMB raise AND at least a %10 raise.

At least be in line with RAH's 70 seats...those guys get made fun enough...guess SKYW deserves more grief.

I voted yes and I do not worry about what the industry thinks of us. You can't go through life trying to please everyone because well it simply is not possible. Negotiating a contract is a personal process that does not need outside interferance or monday morning quarterbacking. Each pilot group gets the best deal they can, votes on it and the rest is history. JO can use our rates all he wants but in the end it is up to Mesa guys to get the best deal they can using all available tools. They spend 2% of their paycheck every month so I would certainly hope they can get a better deal this time around.

I am content to sit back, relax and not have to worry about these things. We have a deal til 2010 and it looks like clear skies ahead. I believe we will get another raise before then. It just takes patience to wait and see what other pilot groups get first. Once other regional contracts start getting completed we can begin the process of seeing just how big our next raise can be. The industry is on its way back up from the crapper. Either way I can assure you SkyWest will never be at the bottom of the industry. We may not be at the top of the payscale but as long as it is a good livable wage I am more than happy to be sitting where I am right now.

I voted yes and I do not worry about what the industry thinks of us. You can't go through life trying to please everyone because well it simply is not possible. Negotiating a contract is a personal process that does not need outside interferance or monday morning quarterbacking. Each pilot group gets the best deal they can, votes on it and the rest is history. JO can use our rates all he wants but in the end it is up to Mesa guys to get the best deal they can using all available tools. They spend 2% of their paycheck every month so I would certainly hope they can get a better deal this time around.

I am content to sit back, relax and not have to worry about these things. We have a deal til 2010 and it looks like clear skies ahead. I believe we will get another raise before then. It just takes patience to wait and see what other pilot groups get first. Once other regional contracts start getting completed we can begin the process of seeing just how big our next raise can be. The industry is on its way back up from the crapper. Either way I can assure you SkyWest will never be at the bottom of the industry. We may not be at the top of the payscale but as long as it is a good livable wage I am more than happy to be sitting where I am right now.

I think its interesting that in the same post you state that you are willing to ride on the coattails of other pilot groups in order to get a bigger raise, but that it is up to Mesa to get a better contract based on 'all available tools'. I guess in your mind the Skywest PWA isn't one of those tools?

Ignorance must truly be bliss for you to have such a selfish, myopic view of the contract carrier industry.

You're still at it you sly dog! Remember, I still owe you a beer dude for all your past convoluted rambles. I don't want to have to buy you yet another "40". Remember, us second class bro's didn't get a 1% payraise. Gosh, with dem 30 cents an hour you got I'd be able to really strut my stuff and buy the good shizzle! Heck, I mean if you block 7.0 hours that's like... a whole $2.10!!! SWEEEEET! PM if we get a "another raise" before 2012 without a union and I'll come mow your yard.

Negotiating a contract is a personal process that does not need outside interferance or monday morning quarterbacking.

And it influences negotiations at other carriers, whether or not you want to bury your head in the sand.

HelloNewman said:
Each pilot group gets the best deal they can, votes on it and the rest is history. JO can use our rates all he wants but in the end it is up to Mesa guys to get the best deal they can using all available tools.

Contradictory statements. Shows your understanding (or lackthereof) of the industry. Not surprising. edit:maybe it's your lack of caring for others. Either way........from the tone of your other posts.............still not surprising. We don't live/work in a vacuum.

HelloNewman said:
We have a deal til 2010 and it looks like clear skies ahead. I believe we will get another raise before then.

False hope.

HelloNewman said:
It just takes patience to wait and see what other pilot groups get first.

They'll get 1%. Unless, of course they drive a paddle-jet. Then they'll get nothing.

HelloNewman said:
Once other regional contracts start getting completed we can begin the process of seeing just how big our next raise can be.

Let's be clear: You mean another 1%.

HelloNewman said:
The industry is on its way back up from the crapper.

Which is why, combined with the fact that SKYW was making money hand over fist when the rest of the industry was in the crapper, we should have gotten a much better raise than this insult.

HelloNewman said:
Either way I can assure you SkyWest will never be at the bottom of the industry. We may not be at the top of the payscale but as long as it is a good livable wage I am more than happy to be sitting where I am right now.

I, sir, am not.

AF :cool:

Last edited:
Any reason you pro ALPA Skywest guys want ALPA anyway? ALPA won't have your best interest in mind, you know that right? ALPA interests are with major ALPA carriers, the folks who pay your bills. When it comes to something like scope or another conflicting interest with a major carrier who do you think ALPA is going to side with? Skywest? No I don't think so, last I checked the leadership of ALPA is not loaded with pro regional folks. The old union adage "what hurts one, hurts us all" does not hold true at ALPA.

I am not anti union, but I am anti-ALPA at a regional they can't represent both sides of the same coin. Also I am not a RJDC fan either, but that is a different story. There are other options out there for representation, in house or even, dare I say, the Teamsters (...ducking from objects being thrown...). The Teamsters although not perfect have seemed to do a good job at QX and Republic.

In-house was tried and failed pretty miserably. We tried Teamsters years ago. Same result. Am I pro-ALPA? No. I am becoming somewhat anti-SAPA, though. But I think it has more to do with who's in SAPA as opposed the organization itself.

ALPA is not a fix-all for what ails us, but a CBA is becoming more and more necessary.

AF :cool:

Any reason you pro ALPA Skywest guys want ALPA anyway? ALPA won't have your best interest in mind, you know that right? ALPA interests are with major ALPA carriers, the folks who pay your bills. When it comes to something like scope or another conflicting interest with a major carrier who do you think ALPA is going to side with? Skywest? No I don't think so, last I checked the leadership of ALPA is not loaded with pro regional folks. The old union adage "what hurts one, hurts us all" does not hold true at ALPA.

I am not anti union, but I am anti-ALPA at a regional they can't represent both sides of the same coin. Also I am not a RJDC fan either, but that is a different story. There are other options out there for representation, in house or even, dare I say, the Teamsters (...ducking from objects being thrown...). The Teamsters although not perfect have seemed to do a good job at QX and Republic.

More ignorance. Have you even met any of the people within the Association that you claim are anti-regional? The leadership of this Association fights for the benefit of the entire profession.

The Teamsters although not perfect have seemed to do a good job at QX and Republic.

Ask your average RAH pilot if they feel IBT 747 and its leadership have represented them well. I'd say they probably wouldn't be pleased, considering a group of RAH pilots tried (but failed) to gain control of the Local recently.

Teamsters aren't that great, but ask ASA guys if ALPA threw them under the bus, when it came to giving DAL mngt info on how they could save mainline jobs/work rules/etc, by screwing the regional guys.
The fact that over 700 pilots at SkyWest didn't even bother to vote is a DISGRACE !!! You guys should hang your collective heads when you walk through the terminals! What a bunch of losers, can't even bother to vote on something so critical to their own futures, nevermind ASA's, or the rest of the industry's!
You guys need someone to represent you because CLEARLY you are too incompetent/apathetic to do it for yourselves!!
If not ALPA, then IBT - dare I say it ..................... Even GoJets have representation (that's another sad story).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back