SkyWest Pay Proposal Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"It really doesn't matter if you win an arguement here, you're still retarded."

Coopervane, Please don't think Newman is speaking for all of us...Some of us are trying hard to talk some sense into him and others like him(unfortunatly, we seem to have hired a lot like him in the last 24 months) With him and those like him, it's all about them and the heck with everyone else. They don't seem to "get it", and sadly I don't think they ever will. Best of luck to all of you with your real contract, and just know that many of us are behind you all the way!

I don't profess to speak for the pilot group at all. Just calling things the way I see it. I don't know what your trying me make me or others "get" but we get things just fine for ourselves. We realize that this industry isn't totally out of the crapper yet. Until our major partners are all healthy and out of BK we aren't outta the woods yet. This is why we take this deal, wait to see what other pilot groups get and then take another deal. They know they won't be able to get away with the low raise/over ride forever. Eventually time will pass and we will all have better raises. The only difference is ours will be bigger if we do not vote in the union. For me it is strictly a buisness decision. Nothing personal against the union or the other pilot groups, just buisness. We are after all in it to make as much money as we can. You have to look at these things as a buisness transaction and take nothing personal in this buisness.

This is why we take this deal, wait to see what other pilot groups get and then take another deal.

There you have it folks!!! He wants you to do all of the hard work for him. He doesn't want to put forth any effort, money, or other resources to advance this profession. He wants all of us to do it, then he'll reap the benefits himself.

This is why we need to do everything possible to organize the Skywest pilot group. We can't allow this selfish mentality to continue.

You know, sometimes I think that Newman posts just to get people worked up. But then I read some of this stuff and its like, WOW, unreal. Its amazing. This guy(or girl) is a functioning moron!

He's totally clueless about the airline industry, Skywest, life in general. One can't expect to act like he does and then reap the benefits sometime later. We don't operate in a vacumm(sp). Whether we like ALPA or not, the things that we do affect everyone in the industry.

I know nothing I post here is going to change his mind, but man...

VOTED NO

I don't profess to speak for the pilot group at all. Just calling things the way I see it. I don't know what your trying me make me or others "get" but we get things just fine for ourselves. We realize that this industry isn't totally out of the crapper yet. Until our major partners are all healthy and out of BK we aren't outta the woods yet. This is why we take this deal, wait to see what other pilot groups get and then take another deal. They know they won't be able to get away with the low raise/over ride forever. Eventually time will pass and we will all have better raises. The only difference is ours will be bigger if we do not vote in the union. For me it is strictly a buisness decision. Nothing personal against the union or the other pilot groups, just buisness. We are after all in it to make as much money as we can. You have to look at these things as a buisness transaction and take nothing personal in this buisness.

I see what you're saying...we couldn't possibly expect to get a fair pay offer that at least keeps us even with the cost of living, let alone a real raise because even though our company is doing fantastic and making huge profits(they have almost as much cash in the bank again as before they bought ASA with the money we helped them make), they need to make even more money. As well as every major we feed and the ones we might or might not have bids in to do flying for??? ARE YOU FOR REAL?

What other pilot groups? Like Comair and ASA. Maybe you F$*KS should demand their contracts or more and stop lowering the bar. If you did this they wouldn't have to take paycuts just to keep their jobs? You think their airplanes are being flown by you're crews because you have it better? Think agian, you obviously know nothing about business because you are looking at ALPA as an expense not an insurance policy and a tool to net you larger income. Your post is the problem with this job. Your post is the reason Comair wants concessions, your post is the reason Aloha is going to have lay people off, your post is the reason upgrade times at companies like Horizon and Eagle are through the roof, your post is the reason MESA and CHQ fly for 5 different airlines. The SkyWest pilots are in a position to make things better for all regional pilots if they put thier foot down. You said you were in this to make more money, if no one flew another CRJ-700 for Delta untill you were paid as well or better than ASA or Comair you would make more money. I don't know how to stop, you post makes me sick. Stop being the problem, be the change man.

WWW.SKYWESTALPA.ORG

Last edited:
Hellonewman HAS to be flamebait. No one could be that stupid/shortsighted. If he is not alone, I have totally lost faith in the next generation.

*Hint read "The Greatest Generation" I am in awe of them. Some of those guys FOUNDED this profession. I think Hellonewman and other Gen-xers will simply laugh at them for being so selfless....

What other pilot groups? Like Comair and ASA. Maybe you F$*KS should demand their contracts or more and stop lowering the bar. If you did this they wouldn't have to take paycuts just to keep their jobs? You think their airplanes are being flown by you're crews because you have it better? Think agian, you obviously know nothing about business because you are looking at ALPA as an expense not an insurance policy and a tool to net you larger income. Your post is the problem with this job. Your post is the reason Comair wants concessions, your post is the reason Aloha is going to have lay people off, your post is the reason upgrade times at companies like Horizon and Eagle are through the roof, your post is the reason MESA and CHQ fly for 5 different airlines. The SkyWest pilots are in a position to make things better for all regional pilots if they put thier foot down. You said you were in this to make more money, if no one flew another CRJ-700 for Delta untill you were paid as well or better than ASA or Comair you would make more money. I don't know how to stop, you post makes me sick. Stop being the problem, be the change man.

WWW.SKYWESTALPA.ORG

I do not think I am part of the problem nor part of the solution. I am here for one thing and one thing only. I am here to make a good living flying for the company. The outside factors do not interest me so much. My main goal is to see all pilot groups florish. I do not rely on any other pilot group to make more or less than us. In the end though we all pass judgement it really isn't our buisness what people at other airlines are making. I have made comparisons myself however I realize now that what another man makes is none of my buisness. The ultimate goal here is to have a long career making good money until age 60.

It would be nice to make it to a major but getting thousands of hrs of RJ PIC doesn't equal what it used to. I wouldn't mind having a career at SkyWest either. I also have backup plans to go and finish law school if this career does not work out in the long run. A large key to making your regional airline prosper and stay around another 35 years is being able to stay competitive so you can land the big contracts. This is why I have no problem taking small increments to achieving our goals. Instead of one big raise why not spread it out with COLA added on the next one. I am pretty sure at some point ASA will get a good contract. Bush won't be in office forever. As airlines get stronger we all gain more leverage.

Latest resources

Back