• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest IAH Base, What If ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Which is why they should have waited. But they were so sure of the legality that they wanted to reassure the Skywest pilots by sending out this memo. I'm also curious what their response will be now that they have been proven wrong and what the new memo to Skywest pilots will be.
The memo will be that the plan with go forth. The only thing that is going to change is in the marketing and selling of the tickets by CAL for the "UEX" flights. You can go right now to the CAL website and purchase a ticket on United Express Flight operated by SkyWest. The only change is that CAL can not sell/market seats in CAL coded flights with greater that 51 seats.

Per the ruling,
“Placing the CO designator code on the UAX jet aircraft with a certification of fifty-one or greater seats to and from CLE, EWR and IAH is a violation of Section 1 of the Continental/ALPA collective bargaining agreement. The Company is ordered to cease and desist advertising and placing the CO code on such flights.”

So now CAL will reprogram the computers to sell UEX designator codes on aircraft with greater than 51 seats. As long as the CO code does not exist, the flights will happen. Sucks.

United's website:

United Continental Holdings is removing the Continental code on certain United Express flights. Although we disagree with the arbitrator's ruling that has required us to take this action, we will comply with it. We are pleased that this decision will permit the company to redeploy 70-seat aircraft in certain markets under the United Express brand to better meet demand and improve profitability of the combined company. Due to this change, flight numbers between CO* 1100-1299 will no longer be available in our flight search results. United Express will operate these flights with the UA code until further notice.

Last edited:
So, if the company (UAL) is in compliance with the arbitrator's ruling, are the pilots going to back off the aggression and intimidation against the IAH based Skywest pilots?

None of the city pairs that were supposed to be operated as COEX from IAH are showing for sale as UAX flights on United's web site.
But they are on CAL's website for sale. Right now you can book a round trip ticket on a United Express/Skywest 700 from IAH to ASE. No Continental metal involved, only CAL selling the UEX ticket. This is the work around? I have not looked at the other city pairs.

But they are on CAL's website for sale. Right now you can book a round trip ticket on a United Express/Skywest 700 from IAH to ASE. No Continental metal involved, only CAL selling the UEX ticket. This is the work around? I have not looked at the other city pairs.

The ruling was only that those flights could not bear CAL flight numbers and nothing else.

The ruling was only that those flights could not bear CAL flight numbers and nothing else.
So at the end of all the bickering and inflighting, the 700's are still going to IAH and will be flying passengers that purchase tickets on CAL's website to those cities? All CAL has/had to do was change some coding in the reservation computer to a non-CAL flight number? I thought everyone was/is under the impression the arbitrator has "stopped" the 700's from flying out of IAH? I'm confused:confused:

So at the end of all the bickering and inflighting, the 700's are still going to IAH and will be flying passengers that purchase tickets on CAL's website to those cities? All CAL has/had to do was change some coding in the reservation computer to a non-CAL flight number? I thought everyone was/is under the impression the arbitrator has "stopped" the 700's from flying out of IAH? I'm confused:confused:
This WILL get really ugly I can assure you!

Latest resources

Back