• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest IAH Base, What If ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, according to your rep, the ALPA code of ethics only applies to other Union carriers? So ALPA members only have to be what ALPA defines as professional part of the time?

Seems a bit fishy to me...

No, what it means is Skywest pilots don't get the benefit without the responsibility.....

Why do you want something for nothing?

That is what a union is all about. WE are ALL in this together.

Very simply, in the past you have stood up to management and said NO! Now, you are saying, "If we say NO, we will get fired." Many pilots at CAL and UAL are putting up the BS flag on that excuse...

This is important, as it shows your stance in the past, but now...

Yogi

Well, sure. Skywest pilots said "NO" when the Comair pilots were on strike. The CAL pilots aren't on strike. Seems like a pretty substantially different situation between the Comaiar strike and the CAL pilots wish/hope/desire. Do you see any difference between the two situations?

You didn't even attempt to address what USAir jets for jobs and Skywest flying for the new UAL have to do with each other and you admit you don't know what "refused Republic flying" means. So were left with Skyest pilots not flying "struck work" when Comair was on strike and comparing it to CAL pilots contract violation claim. CAL pilots are not on strike but want other pilots to treat it as struck work.

Seems to me the two situations are very dissimilar.

No, what it means is Skywest pilots don't get the benefit without the responsibility.....

Why do you want something for nothing?

That is what a union is all about. WE are ALL in this together.

So, as I understand it, it's OK for the union brothers and sisters over at Republic to fly the routes but not the non-union brothers and sisters over at Skywest to fly the routes? Is that what you're saying? Really?

So, as I understand it, it's OK for the union brothers and sisters over at Republic to fly the routes but not the non-union brothers and sisters over at Skywest to fly the routes? Is that what you're saying? Really?

Don't mind Rez...He was dropped on his head one too many times as a child....

The question is whether or not it is in violation of scope. There is a grievance on the matter and picketing in process.

So what are the Skywest pilots trying to accomplish?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back