• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest hiring ASA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was surprised you guys have not actualy struck yet. I don't know the process but from what I've read from other posts it looks like you have to jump through lots of hoops before you can do anything. If it can be held up indefinitly where is the power. Alpa could do the same thing with us. If we can't shoot the gun without permission, what good is a strike threat?

sweptback said:
One thing I keep reading on this board is that SkyWest pilots are convinced that they are invincible to the whipsaw. That could not be further from the truth... once the ASA contract is settled it will be SkyWest's turn.

Invincible, of course not. It's just that the current strategic situation is not conducive to a whipsaw against SKW. If that were to change and JA were to take advantage of such a change, well lots of people would become pro-alpa real quick.

rickair7777 said:
Invincible, of course not. It's just that the current strategic situation is not conducive to a whipsaw against SKW. If that were to change and JA were to take advantage of such a change, well lots of people would become pro-alpa real quick.

But if JA can deal with ALPA and lower hisoverall cost with the SW don't you think he'll do it? It's business, plain and simple. Make so you get more investors and grow your business. Make no mistake, if there's a buck to be made, you guys will be next. Even if means a union there.

Why are union pilots leaving a union property to work for a non-union carrier? Is ALPA delivering? If not, why not?

Ok I read the ASA pilots saying the whipsaw will come back. SKYW pilots are making more than us and thus cost more. It would be smarter to give ASA more jets or just reduce SKYW pilot pay on a whim... they can do that when you don't have a union.

The reason is that this is about union busting and has nothing to do with cost or whipsaws. Jerry doesn't want to deal with unions... so he is getting rid of the unions.

I also read ASA people saying that closing SLC is just common sense. Will you realise the situation when SKYW comes to ATL? You know that is in the works.

I don't think concessions will help ASA. I'm not sure what would save this ship.

JoeMerchant said:
Why are union pilots leaving a union property to work for a non-union carrier? Is ALPA delivering? If not, why not?

great question, one I've yet to hear a good answer for. the only attempt was someone claiming that they are all 'infiltrating' SkyWest so they can vote in ALPA. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigght.........

SkyNation said:
great question, one I've yet to hear a good answer for. the only attempt was someone claiming that they are all 'infiltrating' SkyWest so they can vote in ALPA. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigght.........

The ASA pilots going to Skywest won't be voting for ALPA.... another smart move by Jerry. ALPA has just shown up to a gunfight with a knife.....

CJA said:
Absolutely nothing against the Skywest pilots, you are a good group. But imagine the frustration of spending years at your airline, helping to build it in to what it is only to watch it all be yanked out from under you. That is the frustration of your counterparts at ASA.

Been there with Eagle!! But you start over and make the best of it and hope your next airline is better? So far so good for me!!

Joe Merchant,

Are you sleeping with JA?? You sure like him a lot.

"He's so wonderful, smart and brillant!!"

BuzzSaw

BuzzSaw said:
Joe Merchant,

Are you sleeping with JA?? You sure like him a lot.

"He's so wonderful, smart and brillant!!"

BuzzSaw

He is smarter than ALPA, and I would rather work for him than anyone else in the regional industry. Sorry if I don't walk around saying ALPA is "so wonderful, smart, and brilliant"....

Latest resources

Back