• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest hiring ASA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Neato, Skywest doesn't even have to worry about working the wipsaw. They can just make things crappier at ASA and not only gradually get their airplanes, but their fed-up (understandably so) pilots as well. It is great to see a company (Skywest) that has done so much for regional career nationwide continue helping out. However, I have heard the vast majority of people who work there love it (unless you are a dissisent who supports unionizing), and Skywest is unquestionably one of the most stable airlines out there.

Medeco said:
Whats the gouge?

Do ASA pilots get 2nd yr pay for sure, or is this rumor?

Are they doing a full interview or partial?

What are the facts?

Is ORD a junior base and is it commutable?

Friend of mine just started ground school this week.....everyone is getting Denver or Colorado Springs.

pilotbrain said:
Friend of mine just started ground school this week.....everyone is getting Denver or Colorado Springs.

If I didn't have the seniority at ASA one of those bases might sway me to make the jump.

Oh things are so wonderful at Skywest! Just a regular Nirvana of an airline! Soooo much better than that other suck-hole that Skywest Inc. owns, ASA. It will ALWAYS be like this. Peace, love, joy and happiness for everyone in SLC. After all, our F.O.'s make more than a 10 year RJ Captain at ASA. Why I even read where one Skywest F.O. made 60K last year. What a wonderful life!
What a crock o' shut! Wake up people! Wait 'til ASA pilots sign their concessionary contract and see what happens to your happy arse! Why do you think Skywest pilots are so happy right now while ASA pilots are so bitchy? Can you say whipsaw? Go ahead, call me a malcontent, if you stick around you will eat your words. Airline management DOES NOT give a crap about you, only the numbers, padding their pockets!

So whats the latest on the ALPA vote at Skywest? Someone at ASA told me that the recent vote for ALPA on property would have passed if some late ballots had been turned in before the deadline. Anyone know if this fact or fiction?

I like the Skywest pilots I've met and have nothing against you guys, but do believe the previous post is correct in his assumption that this is all just business to J.A. He is a tough businessman and good salesman at convincing the workgroups that there is no "whipsaw" going on.

I've never been more motivated to leave the ATL puzzle palace behind me, things seem to be really out of control here with absolutely NO ONE at the helm in management.

Absolutely nothing against the Skywest pilots, you are a good group. But imagine the frustration of spending years at your airline, helping to build it in to what it is only to watch it all be yanked out from under you. That is the frustration of your counterparts at ASA.

Whataboutbob said:
Did anyone that interviewed at Skywest in the first week of September hear back from the company, either way. I think they were hiring for a Oct 2nd class 30 EMB120, and 39 CRJ? Thanks in advance

Interviewed Sept 6th was notified today by Cassidy. Called this morning. Offered Oct 2nd CRJ class.

CJA said:
Absolutely nothing against the Skywest pilots, you are a good group. But imagine the frustration of spending years at your airline, helping to build it in to what it is only to watch it all be yanked out from under you. That is the frustration of your counterparts at ASA.

Understood 100%

US Flyer said:
So whats the latest on the ALPA vote at Skywest? Someone at ASA told me that the recent vote for ALPA on property would have passed if some late ballots had been turned in before the deadline. Anyone know if this fact or fiction?

I like the Skywest pilots I've met and have nothing against you guys, but do believe the previous post is correct in his assumption that this is all just business to J.A. He is a tough businessman and good salesman at convincing the workgroups that there is no "whipsaw" going on.

I've never been more motivated to leave the ATL puzzle palace behind me, things seem to be really out of control here with absolutely NO ONE at the helm in management.

I seriously doubt that whipsaw is high on JA's list of management tools...obviously he can do it with ASA in the short term if he desires, but if he were to turn it around on SKW he would get "ALPA on Board!" in about a milisecond....and a milisecond after that he would get a combined ASA/SKW list. Whipsaw is just not practical.

The SLC thing does make business sense...one company running two regionals at the same domicile does not really make sense, even though the displacements suck. Hopefully the LA thing will really take off for ASA.

rickair7777 said:
I seriously doubt that whipsaw is high on JA's list of management tools...obviously he can do it with ASA in the short term if he desires, but if he were to turn it around on SKW he would get "ALPA on Board!" in about a milisecond....and a milisecond after that he would get a combined ASA/SKW list. Whipsaw is just not practical.

One thing I keep reading on this board is that SkyWest pilots are convinced that they are invincible to the whipsaw. That could not be further from the truth... once the ASA contract is settled it will be SkyWest's turn.

The fact that you have the union threat only works if you intend to use it. If you guys vote down a union for the 3rd time, JA and the gang will realize that the pilot group isn't serious and it will be open season.

The SLC thing does make business sense...one company running two regionals at the same domicile does not really make sense, even though the displacements suck. Hopefully the LA thing will really take off for ASA.

I agree, as do most ASA pilots I've spoken to. What doesn't make sense is the transferring of airplanes. That is just to spook us, plain and simple.

Latest resources

Back