• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest hiring ASA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How long is reserve for newhires going to ORD? Once off of reserve what kind of pay/block can you get per month to make up for the $19/hour pay rate?

GO AROUND said:
ASA pays for Jepps and uniforms. Am I missing something? Besides a competent managment team.

At skywest you have to pay for your first set of jepps and your first uniform. I think they still let you payroll deduct it over a year. We get $150/year for uniforms, but you have to buy through the overpriced uniform company. The company pays for jepp updates and a new set if you change airplanes. Electronic jepps are 'comming soon'.

Scott

sstearns2 said:
At skywest you have to pay for your first set of jepps and your first uniform. Scott

pretty sure that has changed recently. it was part of another thread. the new deal is:

pay during training
first set of Jepps
uniform to include 2 sets of pants, tie, epaulette covers and I think some shirts

outtahere said:
So what happens to the ASA guys that go over when we go through DOH integration?

Dont worry about it. It's never gonna happen!!!

sstearns2 said:
At skywest you have to pay for your first set of jepps and your first uniform. I think they still let you payroll deduct it over a year. We get $150/year for uniforms, but you have to buy through the overpriced uniform company. The company pays for jepp updates and a new set if you change airplanes. Electronic jepps are 'comming soon'.

Scott

??? This is incorrect. SKW provides all this at no charge.

outtahere said:
So what happens to the ASA guys that go over when we go through DOH integration?

since they will no longer be ASA pilots (they will be SW pilots), they would be treated like all other SW pilots. They don't retain their ASA DOH, employee #, or any other condition of their former employment. Remember, we're two seperate airlines owned by SkyWest Inc.

Smoke Toliet said:
I know two ASA FO's that didn't get hired. Sucks when your own company won't hire you...

Some people have the thinking that its an automatic hire. They expect more out of you than the others to be honest.

sstearns2 said:

Scott

Not anymore we get free jeps, 2 shirts, 2 pants, 1 tie, wing, and nameboards. Also I'd just like to say their Skywestonline is 1000times better than myasa ever was. You can do so much with it and you don't have to wait 6 months to see how many number you moved. All Around skywest is just run like an airline should be.

Latest resources

Back