• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Medeco

SQUIB
Whats the gouge?

Do ASA pilots get 2nd yr pay for sure, or is this rumor?

Are they doing a full interview or partial?

What are the facts?

Is ORD a junior base and is it commutable?

Medeco said:
Whats the gouge?

Do ASA pilots get 2nd yr pay for sure, or is this rumor?

Are they doing a full interview or partial?

What are the facts?

Is ORD a junior base and is it commutable?

Partial interview is the word.

ORD is junior and commutable from any major city (and some small ones)in the US. Look at UAL and DAL flight schedules from your town to ORD (SKW pilots have non-rev on both).

Skywest guy on my jumpseat the other day said he heard it was first year pay but keep your longevity for benefits, vacation, etc. FWIW

FmrFreightDog said:
Skywest guy on my jumpseat the other day said he heard it was first year pay but keep your longevity for benefits, vacation, etc. FWIW

That much is fact. You also get top seniority in your new hire class (usually 40+) The 2nd year pay thing is rumor.

I've also hear 2nd year pay from 1 of the ground instructors there. He said he "thought" we were getting 2nd year pay. There are lots of ASA guys going there. I was one of the 4 of this place class, there were 5 or 6 before that and probably another 5 or 6 the next class.

The interview is just like any other only they don't make asa guys do the sim. Don't expect any special treatment either. Its not a "formality" either, it was very hard when I did mine. They get very technical with your current A/C and FARs

I would highly recomend any junior asa guys to come here. Everyone is so much happier here and the company is just run much better and they don't try to pinch every penny either. If they can make something better they will spend the money. They have Acars, FMS, the LoadMaifest are going to be all electronic by the end of the year. Plus you will have about 50-60 a month coming in behind you till April of 07 at least maybe even longer.

Last edited:
Did I miss something? ASA guys are going to Skywest? No intergation? If this is happening, then ASA has nothing to gain! Any job action in sight??
Skywest folks aren't jumping up and down to get ASA's pay and supporting the ASA pilots?

Latest resources

Back