Skywest hiring ASA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dave Benjamin said:
Maybe you should stick to subjects you know something about.

Being in favor of unionization doesn't make someone an unhappy employee. In fact many pro-union pilots set a very high standard for themselves and are model employees. They do their utmost to get the job done in an efficent manner. There are some very respected senior check airmen that are in favor of unionization that could hardly be called "dissidents."

You're one of those people who operates under the falae assumption that pro-union equates to "anti - company." That's a myth. In fact do you realize that the most unionized airline is Southwest? How do you view managment-labor relations at Southwest? Are all those pro-union pilots a bunch of dissidents trying to screw the company?

Actually this is something I do know something about, maybe my wording wasn't the best. I was referring to the fact that maybe some union-organizers at Skywest are thought of as dissisents by management. I know of a friend of a friend (I know, I know, maybe it is not the whole story) who was a staunch supporter of unionization and after one of the votes there failed, he was let go because they didn't feel "he fit in there" anymore. Maybe there is more to the story, oh well.

I myself am a supporter of the union. In my opinion ALPA's pros far outweight its cons, and I am glad to have them on property. And for all those who complain about ALPA, why not get involved and try to help by volunteering.

In terms of union management relationships, some companies have a very good working relationship with the union. Where I work, pro-union and pro-company go hand in hand to a certain extent (with obvious exceptions).

Latest resources

Back