• Start date
  • Watchers 17

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A few problems with the brazil trash, first they burn more fuel, they are brand new so MX will be an issue untill the bugs are out, and jet blue has like the next 100 off the line. The CRJ is a very well built airplane and will last longer, and the last thing pax care about when buying tix on travelocity is aircraft type, by the way no one knows the diff between a crj and a Md80 anyhow. Some F/As eaven have probelms with this. bottom line is the CRJ works good and last long time, and you can get delivery in a few months instead of in 5-6 years.

I THINK passengers are "tired" of the cramped 50 seat jets...both crj & erj......however embraer adds comfort to the 170-190 series.... bombardier does not...

Respectuflly, I decline, passengers are tired of the cramped planes.... just what I hear from paxs every now and then that get off the 170. Not an insult to you bud...just stating my opinion. Got to watch what u say on here because people spin everything.

EMB170Pilot said:
I THINK passengers are "tired" of the cramped 50 seat jets...both crj & erj......however embraer adds comfort to the 170-190 series.... bombardier does not...

Respectuflly, I decline, passengers are tired of the cramped planes.... just what I hear from paxs every now and then that get off the 170. Not an insult to you bud...just stating my opinion. Got to watch what u say on here because people spin everything.

Its not about what the pax say, its about what they'll pay for. When they are buying their $30 ticket online they don't have clue what airplane they are buying a ticket on. They can comment all they want, but until they show the airlines with their money that they don't like the "little jets" then the airlines won't care how comfortable they are.

OCP said:
Its not about what the pax say, its about what they'll pay for. When they are buying their $30 ticket online they don't have clue what airplane they are buying a ticket on. They can comment all they want, but until they show the airlines with their money that they don't like the "little jets" then the airlines won't care how comfortable they are.

QFT (Quoted For Truth)
Hate to say it, but the landscape has changed. These days, it's all about the lowest fare on the internet. They may complain when they get off, but they'll still buy the low fare next time they fly. Hence, the rise of the LCC's and the RJ.

Dave Benjamin said:
Until scope is resolved there won't be any 900's on the property at any DCI carrier. Jerry Atkin alluded to 705's and 900's in an interview a while back.

"[FONT=MS Sans Serif,verdana,arial,helv][SIZE=-1] SkyWest, Inc., has 22 CRJ700/900s on firm order for delivery in 2006-2007 and we still are finalizing the numbers of how many 700s and how many 900s or 705s we will receive. We anticipate all of these aircraft will be delivered by July 2007."

Rumor, and I emphasize rumor, has it that any 705's delivered will have 70 seats installed with the possibility of adding seats if and only if scope issues are resolved. There has been no indication as of yet that anything beyond the 700's already announced on the skywest.com website are coming. It is entirely possible that any and all of those airframes could be straight 700's.

I'm sure that DALPA would like to see their furloughs back in the cockpit and may negotiate rates for flying 705's, 900's and other 70 plus seat airframes. Hopefully they get something worked out as many DAL pilots remain on the street.

I would not put stock in anything posted by [/SIZE][/FONT]Just_Defer_It.

Dave,

Good post. Sure, anything is possible, but I don't think Dalpa would give that up without a large fight. I think we are trying to get our 475 guys still out a seat on something first. Maybe they could order some 705's and then only put 70 seats in them, but that would be expensive probably. It will be an interesting 6 months.

Bye Bye--General Lee

labbats said:
That is awesome news Skywest! And just think, it's the same type, so it's the same pay!!11!
Race to the bottom... Oh man.

TEXAN AVIATOR said:
Race to the bottom... Oh man.

Agreed... This over used phrase is becoming more prevelant. It is sad. I do not like it either... What everyone needs to see is that this is happening to all 121 REGIONAL FEED. It is all about the bottom line and that is it. It is not about brand loyalty or how good of a job you are doing. It is simply about getting the same contracted services for the lowest cost no matter who the VENDOR... It is about returning the parent company back to profitiability. When everyone realizes this, this childish game of people telling others that you stold my flying, blah, blah, blah will stop... All the regional operators are contractors. RFP(s) are going out on all levels of the airline industry... Take a look at NWA, UAL, etc... -- maintenance, baggage, ground ops, and more have all been re-bid and contracted to the lowest operational bidder...

What is amazing to me are all the people who have their heads in the sand and do not have a clue as to the economics of what is really happening out in the world... Read the bussiness sections of the news papers, investment periodicals, journals and online analyst news... You will be suprised to find that most of the info that is out there comes to reality sooner or later. It may not be 100% on target, but it is usually pretty damned close... Get educated, stop bitching and grasp an understanding of what is going on out there...

It is simple. Mainline is calling the shots here. It is not our calls and there is no reason that anyone should be shooting at others... Except maybe *************************S and MESA... What is transpiring here today in the aviation communities can not be controlled by the pilots... It is not their faults and they have not one play in the decision making processes...

I am getting off my box now...

wow, you mean we get to fly a shiny new 90 seat jet for the same rate as a shiny ole 50 seat jet....sawweeettt..i'm in, i mean it's jet time...right ?!

General Lee said:
Dave,

Good post. Sure, anything is possible, but I don't think Dalpa would give that up without a large fight. I think we are trying to get our 475 guys still out a seat on something first. Maybe they could order some 705's and then only put 70 seats in them, but that would be expensive probably. It will be an interesting 6 months.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Everyone is well aware of mainline's desire to shed costly domestic flying to the regionals. Unfortunately, Delta Management will go with the lowest bidder for 90-100 seat flying....Managements at other airlines already took note of the MDA deal, so they won't try that again...Delta and NWA is going to try and crush the scope...anything is possible in CH11 and no contract is safe...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back