• Watchers 17

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
Well, we all know by now that we should have kept the jets starting at the 50 seater, and then just hired more people for them. We all know that now. Then, we lost the 70 seater when things were going great in the late 90s. I don't think we will cave again on that. A lot of what we want is to replace what we will lose----737-200s at DL and DC9s at NW. We would like to fly the replacements---and it looks like the E190 is about the right size. The E175 is flown by mainline at Air Canada, and so far no one else has it. The E170 is probably gone forever, but it really is nice and has the look and feel probably of a mini 737. So, we would like to keep the line there, and then just hire into the E175 or bigger. The CR9 at Mesa is interesting, and so is the CRJ-705. Jazz has the CRJ-705, and Mesa has the "rights" for up to 86 CR9s I believe. That, so far, is the only regional airline allowed 90 seaters in the USA, and no other major has (via the unions) allowed that other than USAir. I think the 50 seaters are on the way out, and maybe more 70 seaters will be allowed to replace them. I would think pilots would like the opportunity to eventually move up from an RJ to something bigger, and allowing larger planes at the regionals could prevent that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So why haven't you argued in court for a merger with Comair? That brings all the aircraft over, 50 and up.

GL, my only problem with you is when you talk about the whim of the mainline pilots, it's like you guys give me the right to exist. The truth is, Because of your's and your half witted friends up at mainline, I and many of my friends are domed in a career at the regional level. Your's and your friends self centered egotistical attitudes over the past ten years have led this industry down the road it is on with the help of a lot of mainline management groups holding you hands.

CFIT said:
So we can act like a self absorbed coinbag pirate like yourself?

Face it, you and your dorkfest but-club have rolled over on every contract point management has asked for. Management has been teabagging you big time.

You hav'nt won one battle, not one, for over a year. So what, you only got less of a pay cut, it's still a pay cut.

Say what? Ok dumba$$. We are in BANKRUPTCY. You didn't think we would take a pay cut? You didn't? Any judge would have ruled for that. That is what happens when your airline goes bankrupt.

And we have rolled over on everything? Really? What about scope? Yes, we allowed retired guys (who were NOT 60) to fly a bit longer---but that was because we allowed unlimited retirements with 24 hours notice. If 400 guys retired at the end of a month, all of the 777s would have had to be parked with no qualified captains. But you didn't think of that, did you? Nope. And, I moved up 2300 numbers and can already hold MD88 Captain. (I hope to bid it on the next bid)

And, we fought the company on their "give us everything for free" deal, and the judge AGREED with us. Yup. She said we will get credit for anything they want, and nothing is for free. Did you forget about that? You did.

So, you really are the one is who is the "coinbag pirate". (NICE ONE) You need to go worry about your own situation, it really will get worse for you.
Bye now.

No, really, Bye Bye---General Lee

Tank Commander said:
GL, my only problem with you is when you talk about the whim of the mainline pilots, it's like you guys give me the right to exist. The truth is, Because of your's and your half witted friends up at mainline, I and many of my friends are domed in a career at the regional level. Your's and your friends self centered egotistical attitudes over the past ten years have led this industry down the road it is on with the help of a lot of mainline management groups holding you hands.

This is a cycle----a real bad one though. Every ten years we seem to go through this, although this is as bad as it ever gets according to some of the senior guys I have flown with. Nobody wants a liquidation, and it is rare with very large airlines (with lots of unemployment if it happens).

You need to realize that we are fighting for our collective lives now with scope. The "commuters" (now REGIONALS) used to fly only props and fly around a region. Now, with larger RJs, they are going for routes that were always mainline routes. That really is the problem. IF you want to leave your regional, you need to see that certain sized planes need to stay at the majors, even at lower pay rates(set by the competition), to eventually get you to that larger plane and the "better" pay. If you want to stay on the RJ and make a preset wage (that seems to be shrinking at the same rate as ours), then that is your right. Just realize that we will be fighting to keep what we have now.

Bye Bye----General Lee

Last edited:
AV8700 said:
So why haven't you argued in court for a merger with Comair? That brings all the aircraft over, 50 and up.

A merger? You mean a seniority merger? Or do you mean a staple? Why sure, a staple, but Lawson and Ford don't want to be FOs again. That would not happen----unless there was huge savings in it for Delta. But, I have read that they are getting ready to possibly sell Comair. What would happen then?

Bye Bye--General Lee

CFIT said:
Remember when your over inflated ego's hated them? wadboy

You really don't make sense. Is your head ok? Do you wear earplugs in that Metro? You should, really.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
IF you want to leave your regional, you need to see that certain sized planes need to stay at the majors, even at lower pay rates(set by the competition), to eventually get you to that larger plane and the "better" pay.

GL -

If you think that any regional airline pilot out there does not believe this to be true, you truly are detached from the world of logical thought. The problem is that all us young bucks are dealing with the sh!t-storm world you and all your mainline-ALPA brothers have left us. Do you think regional pilots have any power to coerce mainline management into any course of action? I think not.

Y'all shoulda taken care of this debacle in the late 90's before it went down. It happened on your watch, you only have yourselves to blame.

Unfortunately, we all have to pay the price...

BTW, I really missed your past discussions about your impending Mad Dog upgrade. Thanks for bringing it back to amuse us all.

Laughing, so I don't cry,

R5

Rogue5 said:
GL -

If you think that any regional airline pilot out there does not believe this to be true, you truly are detached from the world of logical thought. The problem is that all us young bucks are dealing with the sh!t-storm world you and all your mainline-ALPA brothers have left us. Do you think regional pilots have any power to coerce mainline management into any course of action? I think not.

Y'all shoulda taken care of this debacle in the late 90's before it went down. It happened on your watch, you only have yourselves to blame.

Unfortunately, we all have to pay the price...

BTW, I really missed your past discussions about your impending Mad Dog upgrade. Thanks for bringing it back to amuse us all.

Laughing, so I don't cry,

R5

Boy, I guess I was making huge bucks flying the E120 out of MDW in the early 90's right? You guys seem to forget that EVERYONE at the regionals, now and then, gets paid krap. I bet my pay rate back then was half of what you make now. Thirty dollars an hour for an RJ FO now? I think that is great, except I made $14 an hour starting out as a Dornier 228 FO. It suked big time. I was single and could do it back then. If you have 3 kids, then it may not be for you. Everyone has to start somewhere. The pilots at regionals these days think that since they fly a 70 seat jet, they deserve higher wages. I agree, but MANAGEMENT DOES NOT, they still see you in the E120. Your RJ is now the new "prop feeder" of the past. That is what is happening. My advice is to get on with a LCC or wait for a major that you like (CAL is hiring)---and go for it, like the rest of us did.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee said:
You really don't make sense. Is your head ok? Do you wear earplugs in that Metro? You should, really.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The last five posts are from you. If you didn't have yourself to argue with, what would you do? jockcheese

CFIT said:
The last five posts are from you. If you didn't have yourself to argue with, what would you do? jockcheese

You seem to answer, and not very well too. Why are you obsessed with dongs? Stay away from me, I am taken!!!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back