Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Halo_RJdriver said:
LMAO...nice post!!!

Ouch, generalsukfest takes another.....wonder where?

General Lee said:
You seem to answer, and not very well too. Why are you obsessed with dongs? Stay away from me, I am taken!!!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Your boyfriend have you by the ears again?

Remember to wipe your chin before you check in.....

General Lee said:
Boy, I guess I was making huge bucks flying the E120 out of MDW in the early 90's right? You guys seem to forget that EVERYONE at the regionals, now and then, gets paid krap. I bet my pay rate back then was half of what you make now. Thirty dollars an hour for an RJ FO now? I think that is great, except I made $14 an hour starting out as a Dornier 228 FO. It sucked big time. I was single and could do it back then. If you have 3 kids, then it may not be for you. Everyone has to start somewhere. The pilots at regionals these days think that since they fly a 70 seat jet, they deserve higher wages. I agree, but MANAGEMENT DOES NOT, they still see you in the E120. Your RJ is now the new "prop feeder" of the past. That is what is happening. My advice is to get on with a LCC or wait for a major that you like (CAL is hiring)---and go for it, like the rest of us did.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Re-read my post. I never spoke a word about pilots at regionals wanting more pay there.

What I said was that we are screwed because of the lack of career advancement previously available to you and yours thanks to those ahead of you holding the line for future generations. ALPA (YOU) has failed, and now you point a finger like we have any say in the matter.

I would LOVE to fly my XX-seat (or soon, XXX-seat) capacity jet for a mainline carrier with mainline benefits. Unfortunately, you allowed those jobs to be outsourced to regional carriers. Now the vast majority of jobs available are almost exclusively at relatively low-pay regional airlines.

I have my job. I have my type. I have my time. But wait: there are 10,000 guys (furloughs and an ever increasing supply of new-guys) applying for 1,000 jobs this year with the same or better quals than me.

You make it sound like you had it just as bad as us spoiled children and we should just sack-up and get to work. Trust me, my dear, you rode in on a gilded ship that has since set sail never to return.

Thank you for your arrogance, it has helped more than anything else (except, perhaps, your hubris) to accelerate the downfall...

General:

What is it with we "lost 70 seat flying." Do you mean like the Germans lost the Bismark? Somebody shot it out from under you?

You did not lose anything. You "traded" it. You traded flying that you felt was beneath you in exchange for higher pay on your equipment. Just like I sold my little Checkmate ski boat, when we found a good deal on a Mastercraft. Now that I have sold it, it is no longer mine.

You and your buddies see the water starting to come over the sides of your sinking ship you want to jump into someone else's boat. It does not matter that it is not your boat - this is a matter of survival for some - honor and morality are forgotten as professionals claw eachother for driftwood to ensure their survival for another day.

The shame of it is, that it is not a fair fight. ALPA will not allow any "regional" pilot title to the flying they perform.

Things are taken when you are overwhelmed by a force much greater than you.

As I sit here in my RJ with the guns of mighty ALPA aimed at my bow we prepare to repel boarders, but there is nothing we can do. ALPA has stripped us of any power and the alter ego proliferation of carriers (encourageed by ALPA) has taken our swords.

Another point - why all the hysteria about NewCo? He11, their own MEC proposed NWA70. NewCo is the same thing with different pay rates and again the lifeboat fixing to get boarded belongs to Mesaba.

Thanks for playing along with us, in these hostile times, but jeesh, ALPA mainline has a really weird political perspective on realiity.

~~~^~~~

Its so funny how the ML guys and their egos wanted nothing to do with the RJ, blame it for all their woes........but we'll fly the EMB175/190, because they look and feel like a 737!!! LOL! See, it looks like a plane that is OK for those ML boys to fly, so its no longer beneath them! It is however, probably too much for us regional boys to handle!

For all you thinking the 70's, 90's and 100's need to go to ML because the pay and benefits are so much better there, think again. That gap has closed, and soon the ML job will be void of pensions, great pay and work rules. The only real benefit is the chance to move up to bigger aircraft and more pay in the future. So GL doesnt flame me, that is a good reason for them to go there....but not because the pay and benefits on those specific planes will be much better at the ML!

So True 79%

I am so sick of that garbage from generalsukfest that because he has his dork freinds on furlough that the flying "is theirs".

I remember years ago when they flipped us off when we got the RJ, now it's not so bad.

Too bad, too late, go work at home depot.

79%N1 said:
For all you thinking the 70's, 90's and 100's need to go to ML because the pay and benefits are so much better there, think again. That gap has closed!
True.

If ALPA wants to restore the flying to mainline, they can do it through mergers. Simply taking the airplanes without the crews is an act of Piracy.

Most of us didn't initially plan on a career at the regional level, most of us will nonetheless spend our careers at the regional level. Given the choice of growth at my present company flying bigger planes vs. a one in ten chance of getting hired by Delta in about five years I'll keep my seniority and QOL thank you very much. Pretty simple, E-190 captain for XYZ regional next year or a chance to captain the same airplane for Delta in about ten years for slightly more pay. That's not being short sighted, that's common sense. Ever notice how doing something "For the good of the profession" always involves us little guy's taking a bullet to protect the QOL of someone making three times what we do? Sure, someday that could be you making the big bucks if you just eat excrement for...5,6,7 who knows how many more years. Pay your dues and thanks for waiting your turn, now here's your furlow notice; we'll call you back in a year or three. I have a good job at a good regional, it may be the last job I ever have so I better make the most of it.

Last edited:
Shriek!!!!! Your attitude is shocking!!! You mean your not making personal decisions based on furthering the career of your mainline brothers???? How dare you! How could you think of what may be best for you and your family and not want to protect the senior Delta captains wish to keep his wifes B'mer and the big boat at Lanier? You disgust me!

~~~^~~~ said:
General:

What is it with we "lost 70 seat flying." Do you mean like the Germans lost the Bismark? Somebody shot it out from under you?

You did not lose anything. You "traded" it. You traded flying that you felt was beneath you in exchange for higher pay on your equipment. Just like I sold my little Checkmate ski boat, when we found a good deal on a Mastercraft. Now that I have sold it, it is no longer mine.

You and your buddies see the water starting to come over the sides of your sinking ship you want to jump into someone else's boat. It does not matter that it is not your boat - this is a matter of survival for some - honor and morality are forgotten as professionals claw eachother for driftwood to ensure their survival for another day.

The shame of it is, that it is not a fair fight. ALPA will not allow any "regional" pilot title to the flying they perform.

Things are taken when you are overwhelmed by a force much greater than you.

As I sit here in my RJ with the guns of mighty ALPA aimed at my bow we prepare to repel boarders, but there is nothing we can do. ALPA has stripped us of any power and the alter ego proliferation of carriers (encourageed by ALPA) has taken our swords.

Another point - why all the hysteria about NewCo? He11, their own MEC proposed NWA70. NewCo is the same thing with different pay rates and again the lifeboat fixing to get boarded belongs to Mesaba.

Thanks for playing along with us, in these hostile times, but jeesh, ALPA mainline has a really weird political perspective on realiity.

~~~^~~~

Fins,

You are right. You are. We did give away that flying--50 to 70 seats. Now we will try not to do it again. We would rather keep it and then make sure our furloughed pilots come back, and then maybe give you the chance to fly those planes bigger than 70 seats if you want. If you don't, then that is your choice. We learned our lesson I would say. So do you blame us now for "seeing the light" and now trying to keep it?

Bye bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back