• Watchers 17

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jws717 said:
A few problems with the brazil trash, first they burn more fuel, they are brand new so MX will be an issue untill the bugs are out, and jet blue has like the next 100 off the line. The CRJ is a very well built airplane and will last longer, and the last thing pax care about when buying tix on travelocity is aircraft type, by the way no one knows the diff between a crj and a Md80 anyhow. Some F/As eaven have probelms with this. bottom line is the CRJ works good and last long time, and you can get delivery in a few months instead of in 5-6 years.

You forgot that RAH has 25 190's on order...RAH can get them anytime as well. And your wrong about the fuel burn for the E190.

OCP said:
Its not about what the pax say, its about what they'll pay for. When they are buying their $30 ticket online they don't have clue what airplane they are buying a ticket on. They can comment all they want, but until they show the airlines with their money that they don't like the "little jets" then the airlines won't care how comfortable they are.

yeah..true.... good point

House_X said:
Everyone is well aware of mainline's desire to shed costly domestic flying to the regionals. Unfortunately, Delta Management will go with the lowest bidder for 90-100 seat flying....Managements at other airlines already took note of the MDA deal, so they won't try that again...Delta and NWA is going to try and crush the scope...anything is possible in CH11 and no contract is safe...

Incorrect. We will not allow that. NW and DL pilots will stand strong on scope. Have you been reading any of the articles or watching the news lately? I guess not.

And, you must have forgotten about what our BK judge said about Delta's ridiculous request for free scope changes? She said no way, and that we would have to get credit from that original $325 million request. Now that we have agreed (by 58%) to the TA, we also will get credit for any pension dumpings (we owe $10.6 BILLION), and that would go towards that $325 million a year in savings (ALPA came up with $180-220 MILLION a year in savings for our part of the pensions). Add that to the 14% pay cut, ($152 million a year), and there ain't much more room to go. If they want to ask for more, they will have to go up to Prudence Beatty, and she probably ain't in the mood. She is still incharge and will have to sign off on the final documents.

And to top that off, management already is trying to negotiate a 100 seat rate very close to Jetblue's, and has requested 200 79 seaters. There is little chance ALPA would allow that request. Scope has become the non-negotiable item for this round, for both DL and NW.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Incorrect. We will not allow that. NW and DL pilots will stand strong on scope. Have you been reading any of the articles or watching the news lately? I guess not.

And, you must have forgotten about what our BK judge said about Delta's ridiculous request for free scope changes? She said no way, and that we would have to get credit from that original $325 million request. Now that we have agreed (by 58%) to the TA, we also will get credit for any pension dumpings (we owe $10.6 BILLION), and that would go towards that $325 million a year in savings (ALPA came up with $180-220 MILLION a year in savings for our part of the pensions). Add that to the 14% pay cut, ($152 million a year), and there ain't much more room to go. If they want to ask for more, they will have to go up to Prudence Beatty, and she probably ain't in the mood. She is still incharge and will have to sign off on the final documents.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Talk to me in 6 months...

House_X said:
Talk to me in 6 months...

Wow, that confident, eh? Riiight. If it doesn't go our way, we will both be working at Wendy's.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Wow, that confident, eh? Riiight. If it doesn't go our way, we will both be working at Wendy's.

Bye Bye--General Lee

C'mon....General...you know how much this industry stinks, why fight it...just give in and accept the pain...it will be much easier. I'm going to White Castle.....home every night, a pay raise, and free "Sliders"...plus, upgrades to crew chief are running 6 months!!!!

Last edited:
House_X said:
This industry stinks anyway....I'll be at White Castle...home every night, a pay raise, and free "Sliders"...

ooh, love White Castle. Great place for post alchohol munchies...........

" NW and DL pilots will stand strong on scope." Have you been reading any of the articles or watching the news lately? I guess not.

"And to top that off, management already is trying to negotiate a 100 seat rate very close to Jetblue's,"

"Bye Bye--General Lee"

BY standing strong on scope I guess you mean, allowing the creation of NewCO which is going to have pay rate on par with what Regionals have now, but with everything else from gates to FA's to rampers on a new pay scale as seperate companies......... No, no what you you mean by " very close to JetBLue" you must be referring to rates imposed on a pilot group who knew that NOT A SINGLE PILOT on the seniority list at the time would ever set foot in one except to non-rev, thus no reason to object......then you are right....

Keep up the good fight! GREAT JOB!! STAND PROUD....and you wonder why management types LOVE YOU and your rhetoric of running around proclaiming victory over "close to jet blue rates"

On that notion... I guess I can keep up the good fight at ASA by suggesting we start skywestatlanta, inc and agree to fly anything with a turbine engine at 1/2 mesa wages... just to keep them on the property!! yeah, that makes sense... then i wont have to worry about scope...Until those unified DL and NW guys come swooping in and agree to fly anything with 70+ seats ( NO 50 seaters per Newco) at 1/2 of 1/2 of 1/2 of Jetblue rates they can Keep em on property! GREEEAT STRATEGY THERE!!! Now yer thinkin like a Deltoid!!!

Last edited:
Now the regional biding war will be done with ex-mainline pilots from new-co's. This is may crapy job, stay out of it!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back