• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest announces IAH and MSP bases.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it's a choice between scab and supporting guys like you, sign me up.

Let's be clear on this. I do not want you to be without a job. What I want to see is my scope clause at CAL complied with. CAL and UAL are separate carriers with separate contracts. The FAA will not let them be one carrier until there is a single contract and single seniority list. CAL scope is in force and must be dealt with until then. This should not be a stretch for you to support. Now, if you don't want to support me and would rather be a scab, just let your ALPA MEC know about it. ALPA can remove you from good standing (if you currently are in good standing), and if there are enough guys like you there, ALPA National can put your MEC in trusteeship. We're going to have your support one way or another.

Flopgut,

Gotta love how you throw the "scab" word around. Last time I checked, a scab was someone who flew struck work. Just ask many of your fellow pilots, you're bound to know someone or two or more who scabbed since you fly for the biggest scab airline CAL. As much as I hate to see scope protections being challenged by unscrupulous management you're a bit out of line insinuating that others are scabs (without having flown struck work) while you are a team mate of a group who has their own share of scabs who have done immeasurable damage to this thing we call airline career.

Last edited:
Moderator Reviewed:

Responding to personal attacks with personal attacks, while frowned upon in general, is certainly within the realm of acceptable behavior as long as it doesn't violate the ToS.

So whoever attacked the General first is actually responsible for the General's response. He has, as of late, been very tame with his posts, and stays within the ToS. Note: the original person who called out the General is NOT the person who reported the post.

Please report posts only for actual ToS violations. We *DO* appreciate reported posts as there is just too many for the few mods we have to read EVERY thread, so the help from the membership is appreciated, and I know he may irritate some of you, BUT... please limit your reporting for actual TOS violations. You can always put him on your "ignore" list if his posting style gets to be too much. Most of us just realize he's having a little fun with people and we just ignore him when it gets "too deep". ;)

/mod

Mods,

Thanks to you guys, I HAVE TURNED MY LIFE AROUND. Now 96.4% of my posts are MOSTLY positive. HALLELUJA! THERE IS A GAWD. (and he doesn't wear a double breasted uniform, or does he???) I have SEEN THE LIGHT. No, it's not an RA that I have to avoid, it is my actual MEANING IN LIFE, which is PEACE AND LOVE BABY, PEACE AND LOVE.

Sure, there are some people that NEED to get SKOOOOLED. But overall, I STILL LOVE THE HECK OUT OF THEM. THEY ARE MY NEW FANTASTIC FRIENDS, even that eP chick.

Regardless, ALL OF YOU PEOPLE ARE FRICKEN FANTASTIC. REALLY. FOSHIZZLE. And if at all possible, PLEASE for the love of Gawd, do something NICE for someone, like givng Grandpa a strip of tangy taffey instead of Gold Bond Denture gel for his own dentures. It may not stick as long in his mouth, but it will taste like cherry! See ya!

Bye Bye--General Lee

I can't imagine I'm arguing with a fellow ALPA member about this. Who do you work for JohnP?

I work for ASA.

Maybe I'm overreacting.

I'm lumping your posts in with all of the other, 'take it back', 'scope out RJs', 'bring it in house', 'RJs must go' chest thumping I've been reading here over the last couple of weeks.

Someone said:

Like I said teens...the outsourcing ends now or we scuttle the ship.

I take that as a full frontal assault against my job. How would you read it?

To the point: your management is violating your contract (or you think so anyway). My suggestion is leave Skywest out of it and take it up with your management.

If I'm asked to support you during a strike over trying to end my job I'll be the loudest voice screaming for decertification of ALPA at our airline and the institution of a new union that is there to represent our interests.

If I'm asked to support you during a strike over trying to end my job I'll be the loudest voice screaming for decertification of ALPA at our airline and the institution of a new union that is there to represent our interests.

He's trying to protect your career interests! Unless you just want a JOB at ASA.

Yuppypuppy is an unhappy United pilot. Can you blame him? I'd be unhappy as well. In fact, SkyWest is well on it's way to being the next United!

Don't you wonder why it's SkyWest aircraft/pilots going to IAH and not ASA? A non-union pilot group with no job protection. No way to to say NO! Hmmm...

These guys have your interest in mind. Some of them just don't share it well.

eP.

Latest resources

Back