• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest announces IAH and MSP bases.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Joe: You're a smart guy. What do you see that makes you think you can do this without violating my contract?

There is nothing to work out. CAL has it's own contract and it is fully in force. With CAL/UAL JCBA efforts now back to zero the issue is even less in flux. We are going to enforce our scope. Pilots who fly this will have to cross a picket line and it will be a scab operation. It is a 100% violation of a prevailing CBA..

Time out. I didn't realize that the NMB had released the groups and a strike had been called! nobody tells me anything!!!

Oh, wait? You mean CAL isn't on strike? Well that would make flopgut full of crap! Oh, I get it now!

Carry on my chest beating FI friends, carry on. Next up, we'll get a tape measure and see which one of you's manhood is bigger. I shouldn't need a very large tape measure.

Joe: You're a smart guy. What do you see that makes you think you can do this without violating my contract?

Seriously STFU. This went down during an ACTUAL strike with Comair. Remember? There is no strike. There is no struck work being done.
So shut the @#CK up and walk, or keep taking in your wrinkled ass taint from management. You don't scare anyone, you are talking out of your ass, and until CAL routes are being replaced while you are on strike there are no scabs.

There is no legal way for CAL[UAL] mgt to do this. Otherwise they would have included Republic. Or XJT would already have 70 seaters.

Republic is starting up Houston-Montreal service in a few months and a bunch of new EWR service.

Republic will be flying a ton of E-170's out of EWR. This was announced in the same press release as the SkyWest flying.

As an XJT pilot i wouldn't fly a 70/90 seat jet for CAL because it violates its scope...... er um I mean, I wouldn't fly a 70/90 seat jet for 37 seat wages. I don't want to work for a regional any more, they are a dying breed. Especially the higher paid ones like us and COMAIR. SOME folks on this form are beyond help! Good luck getting hired outside of your current job, I'm out.
RZ

Three things will earn the title "scab". Failure to strike. Replace a striking worker. And failure to join a labor union. (look up the term on any labor specific website) Skywest has had 3 votes and they refuse to join. Additionally, the 3rd criteria speaks to the class warfare that exists with chronically low pay in an operation that is non union and is engaged in drawing down union workers. When Skywest violates the CAL scope clause they will become the perfect example of the 3rd criteria.

Three things will earn the title "scab". Failure to strike. Replace a striking worker. And failure to join a labor union. (look up the term on any labor specific website) Skywest has had 3 votes and they refuse to join. Additionally, the 3rd criteria speaks to the class warfare that exists with chronically low pay in an operation that is non union and is engaged in drawing down union workers. When Skywest violates the CAL scope clause they will become the perfect example of the 3rd criteria.

Failure to strike. And how many people that fit that description do you have on property?

Lo and behold, the two important pilot unions have replaced “over promise and under deliver” with two new but seasoned presidents: Captain David Bates at the APA and Captain Lee Moak at ALPA. [Moak has been the subject of much commentary on this blog and I encourage you to learn more about him]. I had the opportunity to spend time with both men last week at the Boyd Group International’s 15th Annual Aviation Forecast Summit in New Orleans.

I don’t want warm and fuzzy from union leaders and I don't expect it from management. What I want is a sense that each side understands and negotiates with a clear understanding of the economic environment in which the industry operates. From both pilot leaders I am confident that principled negotiations and decisions will be the rule of the day. From both pilot leaders I sense a potential to depart from gridlock and enter disciplined negotiations. From management I want to see a renewed effort on communicating clearly the rigors of the business from a global perspective. That would be true leadership.

Unions and management must break through the gridlock that leads to protracted contract talks and ultimately keeps money from pilots' pockets. And both sides need to be honest with pilots about the extent to which the world has changed and the industry continues to change with it. For example, today’s union negotiations should be less about who should fly 76-seat small jets and more about how to position an airline to challenge new and vigorous competition in Latin America, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific regions. For the mainline carriers, competition is now more about Dubai than Duluth, and more about Auckland than Austin.

Latest resources

Back