• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skyway..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, this post isn't quite Island Air, but it has potential. I heard that Beech upgrade class was going to August '04 (or later) seniority. Any truth to that rumor? If that's true, I would have been in the class (had I stayed). Got scared by the F-word, sorry I left. You guys have a good thing going, best wish's to all.

Whoa, that's weird. The number of times I have posted has been cut by about 200. I guess they don't count all of my useless posts.

DrewBlows said:
Hey, this post isn't quite Island Air, but it has potential. I heard that Beech upgrade class was going to August '04 (or later) seniority. Any truth to that rumor? If that's true, I would have been in the class (had I stayed). Got scared by the F-word, sorry I left. You guys have a good thing going, best wish's to all.

There's never truth to anything at flightinfo, but... I think this one is true. There were a few jet fo's asking me if they should go over for the upgrade. It's a tough call, but I figure provided they get rid of the Beech within a couple of years and go with a few more 328's, they won't make left seat in the jet when that would happen. I think it's kind of a one shot deal to get PIC being that junior. Yeah, Carol and the F-word, stunning. She the same one who said concerning a possible CH.11 a few years back, 'We'd all be screwed if it wasn't for Tim.' Right, now pass the kool-aid bong maam.

Yeah, Carol...the woman who regularly went to MSP and wouldn't even say hello to anyone on the crew.

Bring me a SuperSized Kool-aide!

Always Upgrade, always. 1 its a type rating, 2 pic time, 3 and most important You never know when you will get that chance again. advice I got from a retired capt. from a major with 30 + yrs experience " always take the upgrade, you never know when the merry-go-round is going to stop" I think he meant expansion and training cycles, but now it can mean that or the company could go ch.11. Remember there are pilots at US Air that didn't upgrade, waited to be senior, got furloughed, and now can't get a interview becuase they don't have 1000 . my .02, good luck either way.
(I understand everybodys got different reasons to upgrade or not to.)

the question to upgrade or not has a really simple answer. Do it never turn down an upgrade. When they ask you in your next interview how come it took you so long to upgrade, you can say I took the first one I got. PIC time in any airplane is good. Prop or jet. Turbine time is turbine time. the more you have the better.
I didn't want to leave the jet what with it's APU, bathroom, automation. etc..
But I took the upgrade passed first time. And now I'm back in the jet, with more than a 1000 hours PIC turbine.
Plus it gets you out of making 18,000 a year.

January Beech upgrades are going as junior as June of '05. Skyway truely is the home of the 6 month upgrade. It's all about timing. We may not be the best paid or go to the most exotic locations but you can't complain that things are not moving around here. Skyway is definetly the place to be right now.

PIC time is golden.

GOULET! said:
PIC time is golden.
And so is my urine stream.

I couldn't resist the wisea-- remark, if you know me you know why.
Geaux Tigers

Latest resources

Back