Skyway..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Beechman said:
Since the 1900s are going away and since this company loves turbo-props so much...I hear that the 328s are getting STC'd to remove the jet engines and props installed. Apparently, this will make the transition to the 328 better for us 1900 drivers? I guess. Hey maybe chicks will dig this too?

Why go through all that when they can just get some 328 turboprops which was the original brilliant design by the Germans. They were puzzled though when nobody bought them. Pratt&Whitney came to the rescue with thier almighty 306B engine which was lucky to make 1500 hrs on wing. TBO is around 4000 hrs

I think they have all the kinks worked out now.

C'mon...if you're going to STC something upgrade the props to jets. It'd just take a couple of pylons, some duct tape for the wings, and flimsy plastic to cover where the prop levers go in the cockpit.

They make different colors of duct tape. I like the gold they can put four stripes of gold duct tape on the left and three stripes of gold on the right.

Nah, they would opt for the silver and red, two-tone stripes like the uniforms have. This way, they can spent double the amount of simple gold stripes.

how much duct tape would it take to hang a engine? I know it takes about three to tape a person to a rafter (Using name brand duct tape not cheap stuff from the dollar store). Any ideas

sbn340mech said:
If you wanna convert those turboprops don't forget to add the APU, since the prop jobs didn't have them.

Actually, I think PSA had apu's in theirs. AWis. didn't. Don't know how all of the Aspen/Horizon/Lone Star/Great Plains birds were configured.

On the lighter side, I think you just have to pull the duct tape from the leading edge to secure an engine swap. Looking at my systems manual..... Oh, those are deice boots, nevermind. Whoever thought silver deice boots were a good idea anyway?

The pax like the silver leading edges because they think they are hot wings! Oh how some are easily fooled!!!

Propsync,yes,i am kicking myself in the ass for leaving there now! (I take it you heard the recent news)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back