• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skyway..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
do most pax even know what deice boots or hot leading edges are?? should I be giving them more credit?

yeah those deice boots were a great idea. I swore the next place I worked would have a non deice boot fleet, Yeah right. I have fond memories of changing a horiz. stab boot on a SF340 in GRR in Jan. Pulled the leading edge off on the ramp on a 10 ft ladder and changed the boot in the baggage room while almost getting run over by rampers who thought they had a future in NASCAR

Dumbluck said:
They make different colors of duct tape. I like the gold they can put four stripes of gold duct tape on the left and three stripes of gold on the right.

Speaking of three and four stripes...are my eyes bad or on the ME 717s are there 4 stripes on the left engine and three on the right?

I believe the APU was an option for the props, some operators were haves and others were have nots.

But...SYX would not buy APU's even if the plumbing is already in place. They didn't buy autopilots for 1900's and I heard they asked if they Jet could operate without one.

Beechman said:
Speaking of three and four stripes...are my eyes bad or on the ME 717s are there 4 stripes on the left engine and three on the right?

Yes, and yes. Can you imagine how many 'focus meetings' by upper management it took to come up with the 'alternative lifestylest' accent for an airplane?

fastbird said:
Didn't they actually pay some advertizing group millions for that "accent" piece?

No, maybe you're thinking of the revenue limiting Recaro seats. Heard we paid 10 mega for those.

migio said:
The pax like the silver leading edges because they think they are hot wings! Oh how some are easily fooled!!!
Are you kidding, those idiots can hardly find their seats!!

About the same time the $10M rumor about the Recaro seats surfaced, there was one that the fancy tail flash was actually a paid for design. I figured they could have run an in house contest for a couple positive space passes and gotten a better design for a whole lot less money.

I forget exactly where its at but there is a explaination for that symbol on the tail of ME/MC aircraft. It has something to do with a kinda out with the old in withthe new, but we still love you, idea. I'm not kidding find out what the little 'M' in the middle of the wings means. I think the 4 stripes/ 3 stripes are for the mechanics when they do eng. swaps.

Latest resources

Back