• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rip nji

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The NJASAP committees are staffed with hard working, well respected pilots that are deserving of recognition and appreciation for their service to the group. It's a fact of life that too much negativity deters volunteers from stepping up so it's important to balance complaints with credit for a job that is overall well done, especially considering the huge amount of personal sacrifice that comes with some of the positions.

The short list of pilots who are willing to throw their hat into the ring for an elected position is testimony to the difficulty of serving a very wide-spread diverse constituency reputed to have Type A personalities and a penchant for complaining...;)

I strongly encourage every eligible NJA pilot to vote for the candidate of their choice in the current EBoard election which ends on the morning of June 16th. It is your Union and your vote is important.

Christ. Would you give it up already? First time I've had to add a name to my ignore list here. I can even handle B19. At least he is good entertainment. You are just flat out annoying and obnoxious. And yes, I am one of the furloughed guys.

I support each FI member's right, including those who read only, to assign value to the posts for themselves. The ignore function of the board was designed to do just that and recognizes that selective reading is appropriate while attempting to curtail another's right to post is not.

Please NJA Wife. NJASAP is only looking out for the F-ing top percent of the group. They're going to sell us furloughed out for a 5th crew meal and a GV slot. NJASAP and management have made it clear that us furloughs are gone. There are all to many pilots willing to vote on a cut away for the furloughs as well if they can get some extra cash such as P.W.

Please NJA Wife. NJASAP is only looking out for the F-ing top percent of the group. They're going to sell us furloughed out for a 5th crew meal and a GV slot. NJASAP and management have made it clear that us furloughs are gone. There are all to many pilots willing to vote on a cut away for the furloughs as well if they can get some extra cash such as P.W.

This has been my fear. The company knows this as does the union. If I were the company, why would I want to bring back furloughed folks at year 5+ pay when I can just hire new pilots for a fraction of the cost. DS has said we are not family. I can see the company saying "ok, we bring back 300+ guys at 5 year pay... hmm.. Thats $$$ more per year then hiring new blood. Multiply that by XXX years and it is cheaper to pay off the current seniority list. " The company will probably offer a pretty low payoff BUT give us say... our 3rd crew meal or something else kind of silly. The union (I am disgusted with our current e-board) will bite because of the reach around they have going on, the pilots will be pilots and the furloughed folks will get f'ed..

I hope I am dead wrong... The unlimited recall rights are only good until the next contract... IF I am wrong, I will come on here and apologize AND include my name ;)

jppt2000

Where did you go? or do you just run away when someone confronts you with something you don't like?

Nope, sorry I don't run from internet tough guys like you.
I spend way too much time reading this crap and really its nothing more than a bunch of ignorant weenies (myself included) arguing about stuff they have insufficient knowledge or control over.
The misinformation and misrepresentation of what's really happening is truly amusing.

Obviously you are not listening to YOUR dues paying membership.

This post you made is wreckless because you only care about your very own beliefs and not the beliefs of the dues paying members in this union. Pretty disgusting and selfish if you ask me. Many of the pilots are paying 2,000 a year for this service. Its time we get something for this fee we must pay.

Its time for you to wake up from your drunken state.

I wasn't fired from anything!

Didn't post you were.:rolleyes:
I'm not an elected union person either, and I don't speak for the union, it speaks for me:cool:

Didn't post you were.:rolleyes:
I'm not an elected union person either, and I don't speak for the union, it speaks for me:cool:

I'm very glad you are not an elected official because you obviously do not understand what this Pilot Group wants and needs at this time.

I guarantee you we have more than 50 percent of our pilots that believe in back dues for date of hire. Thats what this pilot group wants. Does that matter to you?

I don't even know what to say. She is a complete robot. I actually hope for her sake someone feeds her what to say. I also hope she is not representave of njsap if she is god bless

They're going to sell us furloughed out for a 5th crew meal and a GV slot...

Even if the leadership tried to do that, it would require us to vote for it. While I know we have some people so oblivious that they'd sell their mothers out for an extra PTO day, I really think they're few and far between. (These are the same guys who'd take extended days with people on furlough.)

I'm confident the strong majority of us know better than to gut the protections in the contract for short-term gain. There isn't a day at work where I don't think about the guys on furlough. I know I'm not alone in that.

Even if the leadership tried to do that, it would require us to vote for it. While I know we have some people so oblivious that they'd sell their mothers out for an extra PTO day, I really think they're few and far between. (These are the same guys who'd take extended days with people on furlough.)

I'm confident the strong majority of us know better than to gut the protections in the contract for short-term gain. There isn't a day at work where I don't think about the guys on furlough. I know I'm not alone in that.

I agree with what you are saying here. The problem is that some of the "Protections in the contract" are being given away and or widdled away piece by piece without the memberships approval. I know I'm not alone in feeling this way.

Latest resources

Back