• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rip nji

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK.. He wasn't right! That is why everyone is OK with what happened and everyone is overjoyed!

Heidi diedi christ almighty...the truth is they way over hired pilots versus what their business model could support and RTS wanted everyone to be happy. Boisture came in and said it was crazy, and no one wanted to listen. RTS said let's signed a union contract, and now everyone is screwed because they cannot afford the salaries.

Are you this stupid in real life, or just on the internet?

As far as the reported over-hiring goes, yes. But had NJA continued to grow and the economy not have sank, then the furlough would not have happened at all, correct? So the real culprits are the economy and plain ol' rotten luck....:( And neither of them provide much of a target for those lashing out in frustration.

So we end up with ....what's that term again, Praetorian? Transference.... a typical by-product of stressful situations.

Are you suggesting we let the company off the hook for reneging on the VMs? I've heard more apologetic horse manure coming from many sources. The company, the union, other pilots, other employee groups all saying "that was the last administration that agreed to the VMs". The last administration also signed the CBA and hired us all. Should we renegotiate the contract and all re-interview since that management is gone?

NJW, what I quoted was told directly to me as the E Board member stood in front of the membership at the weekly meeting. That answer came from me asking about resigning our seniority number. There was no way TO misunderstand his answer. What you state is partially true. The company dictates who appears on the seniority list. They do not unilaterally dictate who is removed from it.

Opecjet

Don't even worry with these folks. They don't care about the rank and file pilot anymore. The only thing they want is our money. They are on their own personal agenda.

Are you suggesting we let the company off the hook for reneging on the VMs? They continue to meet their pay obligation to those who took the LOAs and early retirements. Those are the only parts of the program that had a stipulated time frame. I've heard more apologetic horse manure coming from many sources. The company, the union, other pilots, other employee groups all saying "that was the last administration that agreed to the VMs". That was my first thought as well. The last administration also signed the CBA and hired us all. Should we renegotiate the contract and all re-interview since that management is gone? That is the good thing about a CBA; it is designed to continue regardless of Company changes. Critical difference between the CBA and the VM--the first is legally binding, the second was a trial program buying time until flying demand increased. Sadly, the economy doomed it.

NJW, what I quoted was told directly to me as the E Board member stood in front of the membership at the weekly meeting. The Union meeting where the word "Union" is said far more than "Company" thus increasing the odds of misspeaking. That answer came from me asking about resigning our seniority number. There was no way TO misunderstand his answer. I don't doubt you listened closely and he said "Union". My suggestion is that his brain thought one thing and his mouth went on autopilot...;)What you state is partially true. The company dictates who appears on the seniority list. They do not unilaterally dictate who is removed from it.

I'm aware of that; I was skipping straight to the end to simplify things. The point I was making is that the paperwork of employment begins and ends with management, not the Union. Looked at in the context of resigning your seniority number, the fact that those letters are sent to the Company, not the Union, is further evidence the Company owns the VSL. If the Union owned it, there wouldn't be a problem. All decisions would be deferred until that pilot was recalled to ensure the request wasn't made under duress, which many times they are. Discrimination--plainly...not to mention blackmail. My sympathy to all pilots out there having to deal with these strong-arm tactics. NJW

Opecjet

Don't even worry with these folks. They don't care about the rank and file pilot anymore. The only thing they want is our money. They are on their own personal agenda.

For those just joining the thread, Opec is a furloughed NJA pilot with personal experience in how NJASAP treats its Members. He addressed this question on p.3 post 42. The following excerpt is noteworthy: "I've gotten two calls from line pilots I've never met asking how things were, inviting us to go visit, etc. There are also FWG members working hard behind the scenes. Saying that we're totally out of sight / out of mind is a slap in the face to those guys." Those of you without personal experience to rely on may wonder about the validity of Raj's accusation: Does he have an ax to grind or is he making a fair assessment? To put things into perspective it is helpful to recognize the rules of living that apply to this situation.

No one is perfect. NJASAP has high standards and the NJ pilotgroup has taken on a lot of projects, thus you will be able to find mistakes, especially if you have a "glass half empty" attitude. But a fair-minded person will recognize hard work and a sincere effort to serve when they consider the following: many Volunteers; numerous committees; weekly and quarterly publications; weekly Membership meeting/update in CMH complete with a slideshow briefing and a Q&A session; Stewards on duty 24/7; and leadership (committee chairs and EBoard) contact info always provided with the invitation to call or email. Pilot interests are vigorously defended as this Friday's 411 showed--with a daily timeline, no less.

There is a silent majority. NJASAP regularly surveys the Membership thru a professional 3rd party and the vast majority of the pilots are satisfied with their Union and feel they are getting a good return for their dues.

There is a balancing act. As others have pointed out in this thread, NJASAP is legally obligated to represent all of its members equally. Common sense tells us that can be difficult when there are competing interests and a big discrepancy in the demographics of the group.

You miss the forest when you single out the trees. That the NJ pilots have nonetheless managed to come as far as they have from their grossly under-paid, no Union infrastructure of their own, IBT 284 days to an independent Association with a contract that sets the bar for the industry and strives to provide top notch representation to all of its Members is testament to the fact that the NJ pilots care about one another and their industry.

As always, I am comfortable letting the reading audience of FI make their own judgments on my posting. The "silent majority" here has provided me with positive feedback on numerous occasions. Those who follow NJ issues closely are aware that I post accurately and fairly.

These are trying times and I wish the best for all in the industry-- including their families. NJW

For those just joining the thread, Opec is a furloughed NJA pilot with personal experience in how NJASAP treats its Members. He addressed this question on p.3 post 42. The following excerpt is noteworthy: "I've gotten two calls from line pilots I've never met asking how things were, inviting us to go visit, etc. There are also FWG members working hard behind the scenes. Saying that we're totally out of sight / out of mind is a slap in the face to those guys." Those of you without personal experience to rely on may wonder about the validity of Raj's accusation: Does he have an ax to grind or is he making a fair assessment? To put things into perspective it is helpful to recognize the rules of living that apply to this situation.

No one is perfect. NJASAP has high standards and the NJ pilotgroup has taken on a lot of projects, thus you will be able to find mistakes, especially if you have a "glass half empty" attitude. But a fair-minded person will recognize hard work and a sincere effort to serve when they consider the following: many Volunteers; numerous committees; weekly and quarterly publications; weekly Membership meeting/update in CMH complete with a slideshow briefing and a Q&A session; Stewards on duty 24/7; and leadership (committee chairs and EBoard) contact info always provided with the invitation to call or email. Pilot interests are vigorously defended as this Friday's 411 showed--with a daily timeline, no less.

There is a silent majority. NJASAP regularly surveys the Membership thru a professional 3rd party and the vast majority of the pilots are satisfied with their Union and feel they are getting a good return for their dues.

There is a balancing act. As others have pointed out in this thread, NJASAP is legally obligated to represent all of its members equally. Common sense tells us that can be difficult when there are competing interests and a big discrepancy in the demographics of the group.

You miss the forest when you single out the trees. That the NJ pilots have nonetheless managed to come as far as they have from their grossly under-paid, no Union infrastructure of their own, IBT 284 days to an independent Association with a contract that sets the bar for the industry and strives to provide top notch representation to all of its Members is testament to the fact that the NJ pilots care about one another and their industry.

To paraphrase. We know what's best for you.

Christ. Would you give it up already? First time I've had to add a name to my ignore list here. I can even handle B19. At least he is good entertainment. You are just flat out annoying and obnoxious. And yes, I am one of the furloughed guys.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back