• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

YankeeEcho

It's what we do!
Rip nji

Unfortunately, it's official. NJI is being 'consolidated' into NJA and our proud, talented group of folks will 'disappear'! Sad day!

Last edited:
I don't think they will 'disappear'. At NJA aircraft are managed by fleet. The integration will simply create a new fleet (GIV/GV) within NJA. Should they choose to move you will continue with the same management, schedulers and maintenance you have now.

As per the recent communication, there will be no "flush" bid and the NJI pilots/FA's will have their seats, bases and pay protected.

I do feel for the non-crew employees though. If they want to continue working they will have to move to Columbus from Savannah :erm:

I feel sorry for the 500+ folks that were screwed (furloughed) by the apparently huge egos (company leaders) that didn't take advantage of the obvious cost savings afforded by a single carrier.
Summing the costs spent over the past years keeping us as separate companies, collectively, must be staggering.

Finally, objective data is being used to make bottom line decisions.

Spin this for all the sympathy you can get YE, we're ALL in this together now.

Last edited:
our proud, talented group of folks will 'disappear'! Sad day!

Will the bubba club "disappear" also?? That is the real question. Little high on the drama meter don't you think YE. If you didn't see this coming then you must have had your head buried deep, deep in.... well you figure out where it was buried. Please don't give me the song and dance, that oh (insert name here) said Oakite won't be messed with, blah, blah, blah. Think.

While change and transition typically bring stress for awhile, in the end we'll all be better off because the money saved will enhance job security for everyone on both sides. My sympathy for those employees/families who would rather not move to CMH.

While it is understandable that the NJI pilots prefer the setting they know and enjoy, it does seem that the consolidation was inevitable when you consider the advantage$ in being in one location and on one certificate. That those with the most to lose would be slower to accept that idea is only human nature. It is my hope/belief that both sides will focus on their common ground and become an even stronger Union, drawing on the best that each has to offer.

Best wishes to all involved,
NJW

Oh cry me a river with your drama. Looks like the fence for the GV may be going bye-bye also. Straight DOH like it should be.

You didn't have to be Nostradamus to see this coming. If you deluded yourself, that's your own fault. I know lots of guys over there were holding on to a pipe dream.

Oh cry me a river with your drama. Looks like the fence for the GV may be going bye-bye also. Straight DOH like it should be.

You didn't have to be Nostradamus to see this coming. If you deluded yourself, that's your own fault. I know lots of guys over there were holding on to a pipe dream.

The only pipe dream you got is the Citation X

For some reason people are blaming the union for this latest announcement.

I don't see that, this is the companies idea, good or bad.

The only pipe dream you got is the Citation X

LOL. Everytime I make a guess and it comes through, Doofuses like you pipe up. Doesnt matter. I told you so gets old at some point.

Enjoy those GV bids you got guys, cause the VI's are gonna be in VSL order.

:blush:

Latest resources

Back