• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rip nji

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't want to speak for CRJ, but when we return is a long time off. In the meantime there are more pressing issues for those of us looking for work.

Hey don't worry. NJASAP is hard at work helping you all find jobs.

Which is why it makes sense for those still on the line to focus on Union/flying issues while the furloughed pilots make finding an interim job top priority right now. A smooth transition to a unified NJ pilotgroup is in everyone's interest --albeit some will benefit sooner than others.

Luckily the NJ contract has indefinite recall rights, but I hope you can exercise them sooner rather than later. Hang in there guys! NJW

CRJ most of us get what you are saying. I would just give up on the others. The reality is they would feel entirely different if they were out of work. I wonder if they really know how mistreated some of their former coworkers feel like. I have had the fortune of meeting some of the furloughed and it ain't right.

Netjetwife maybe you can explain why they can't have access to the message board. Are they not as important as the employed?

Which is why it makes sense for those still on the line to focus on Union/flying issues while the furloughed pilots make finding an interim job top priority right now. A smooth transition to a unified NJ pilotgroup is in everyone's interest --albeit some will benefit sooner than others.

Luckily the NJ contract has indefinite recall rights, but I hope you can exercise them sooner rather than later. Hang in there guys! NJW

Wife I was being sarcastic! The furloughs got thrown out with the trash. NJASAP hasn't done anything but a dog and pony show to help get us jobs. or stand up for us. Our indefinite recall willl most likely be sold to profit the active pilots. I say this because there are many greedy pilots trying to profit off the furloughed pilots. I'm guessing you're a promoter of taking extended days while guys are on the street. Until you're out trying to find a job in this market please stfu!

Thank you CRJFlyer! And good luck.

Thanks, Fortunately I had a few friends in the right places. Flying less and making more than at NJA. But I got really lucky. Just want people to atleast think before they start the compalining about which bigger jet they should be flying.

That was a good post, but the reality of it is that the arguments that are being posted above are making sure that the place you are returning to is the same place or better that you were furloughed from.

That bitching about the seat is the protection that will allow you to one day accept that seat. Hopefully soon.

So while it my sound like something little and bitchy, its that little thing that could be a problem for the pilots as a whole for a long long time. Yeah the little things do matter and a GV seat is not just a little thing.

I appreciate the fact your furloughed but I take exception to your thinking this is bitching. Its fighting and protecting every inch of the job.

Not pointing a finger at you. But in my view (even if I was still at NJA) I wouldn't have had the chance to fly a G product anyways. So with the addition of them doesn't/wouldn't make me feel any different about them. Also think about those who would be forced to leave the G because they were too junior to hold it now. "your" gain will be someone elses loss. The product wasn't there before, so now that it has been merged doesn't really change your quality of life now. IMO

I understand "sticking with the CBA" etc. This isn't my first or second rodeo, but junior guys flying an aircraft that someone elses seniority could hold isn't that big of deal. Then again I have a large enough man member already so I don't need to stroke it..:D

No offense intended, just my personal perspective on the grand scheme of things.

Our indefinite recall willl most likely be sold to profit the active pilots. I say this because there are many greedy pilots trying to profit off the furloughed pilots.

Apparently Luthi is willing to take some cash to open up the LOA...Just a matter of time before some cash will take care of matters concerning the 495.

Wife I was being sarcastic! I thought I would be posting right after Opec so I didn't quote him. I got your sarcasm..:rolleyes: The furloughs got thrown out with the trash. If that was true there wouldn't have been so much effort put into the VOLUNTARY MEASURES that held the furlough off for almost a year. NJASAP hasn't done anything but a dog and pony show to help get us jobs or stand up for us. Contract provisions like accrued seniority during the furlough are there because the Union negotiated for them. The VMs that kept you employed longer were initiated, and mostly designed, by NJASAP. They refunded your dues, made a large donation to the NJFF to make sure grants were available for you, and arranged for you to get preferential interviews at EJM. Just to name a few things.... The FWG has worked very hard on your behalf. Which of their efforts do you find offensive and what specifically would you like for them to do? indefinite recall willl most likely be sold to profit the active pilots. Not that they would do that, but there is no reason the Company would pay for something that is primarily a benefit to pilots. That said, it is in their interest to bring back pilots who already have NJ experience so there's no reason to change that...:erm: I say this because there are many greedy pilots trying to profit off the furloughed pilots. Your accusation is baseless... :mad: Those are the same pilots, my husband included, who gave up income doing the VMs to put extra money in your pockets. I'm guessing you're a promoter of taking extended days while guys are on the street. That's even more off-target than your last insult...:mad: I have a documented history here of promoting worthwhile Union objectives like the VMs and of supporting the cause of ALL under-paid pilots, especially those trying to support a family. Until you're out trying to find a job in this market please stfu! There's no need to ask how you're coping with the furlough...:erm:

Jack, many NJA families sacrificed a lot to make it a place you wanted to work. They collectively gave again to try to keep you employed. The economy is the enemy--NOT your fellow pilots or NJASAP leaders.

Haz, to answer your question: 1) NJASAP is obligated to safeguard confidential NJ information that gets posted in the Crew Room. There would be no deterrent (like losing active employment) to prevent furloughed pilots from revealing that info to an unauthorized source, especially for those with a new employer who weren't intending to return to NJ. Other areas of the message board remain open to furloughed pilots and they have been given their own section of the board. 2) See the unwarranted insults and groundless accusations above. Some NJ pilots are concerned that they will be subjected to this type of behavior from bitter furloughees taking their stress and/or anger out on the very pilots who made NJA the flying career that attracted them in the first place. I did not want to believe that would happen, but this thread has been an eye-opener. If it can happen to such a staunch supporter of the NJ FOs, like myself, then it would very likely happen in the NJASAP Crew Room.

That was a good post, but the reality of it is that the arguments that are being posted above are making sure that the place you are returning to is the same place or better that you were furloughed from.

That bitching about the seat is the protection that will allow you to one day accept that seat. Hopefully soon.

So while it my sound like something little and bitchy, its that little thing that could be a problem for the pilots as a whole for a long long time. Yeah the little things do matter and a GV seat is not just a little thing.

I appreciate the fact your furloughed but I take exception to your thinking this is bitching. Its fighting and protecting every inch of the job.

Amen +2...

Read it. Learn it. Live it. Well said Diesel.

Netjetwife 1 is total bs. They get the the info from their friends who still work there. Please tell me you are not this naive. (2) the real reason for not allowing them on the board shows a total lack of respect for the unemployed. Man up and take the criticism otherwise things don't change for the better. Are the union officials so sensitive they couldn't handle frustration and anger from the very people they are supposed to represent. What a complete farce. There are so many things that could have been done to save jobs for instance less crew meals or stay in less expensive hotels etc, etc. Even if these things would have only saved a small percentage of jobs wouldn't it have been worth it. Instead it sounds like the I got mine attitude.

By the way your rant is very different then when you came on here several years ago crying about living below the poverty line. Try thinking back to those days and try it with no income. Maybe your perception will change but I doubt it

Latest resources

Back