• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rip nji

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anybody have an approximate date of hire for the most junior G whiz captain on the NJI side?

Also i know the vp of flt ops built a new house in SC( cousin was the builder). Is he going to cmh or back to the line?

March 2006

I was told (by someone from the swamp) that any management pilot that wishes to return to the line rather then move to CMH may do so...at whatever seat their VSL seniority will hold, not necessarily their previous seat.

750Driver: Management claims that all provisions of the LOA will remain in force even after integration and completion of the single certificate process. Therefore, if and whenthe 650's arrive, seats will be awarded to UNLOCKED pilots of the G-IV / V fleets (because it is a flight attended Gulfstream aircraft, per the LOA) in VSL order. By the time the first 650's could possible arrive, pretty much every NJA pilot currently in the Gulfstream will have completed their lock. And since the most junior number in the last G-IV award was 23, the first 5 or 6 airplanes will be crewed by NJA people.

Of course, management told Okatie six months ago that the "5 year plan" had Okatie remaining open..and we know how that turned out. Buyer beware.

Everyone keep pissing and moaning about what seat you can hold and who will get first crack at the G-650..Awesome to see NJASAP will have something to keep their time occupied with, instead of the 495.

Meanwhile in the real world we have guys with multiple newborns, families etc. That have maybe 7 weeks of UI benefits left, and no job opportunities in site. This is a whole different furlough, in the past there were safety nets to fall back on. When the airlines weren't hiring Netjets was. When the majors furloughed, the regionals were hiring. Nobody will touch most of us at the moment.

So before anyone gets their panties in a twist because someone junior on the NJI list, isn't getting displaced, remember how ridiculous you sound bitching about it. "Poor me, I don't get to fly the G-V right away:bawling:"

Yes I've found employment, and hearing how those fortunate to have a job continue to care about nothing but their seat and what they get to fly is truly amazing. Very classy.

Take it to "your" NJASAP msg. board. (the one we can't view). You all can cry as much as you want there with no moaniong from a member of the 495.

Rant over

I'd say he summed it up pretty well.

While change and transition typically bring stress for awhile, in the end we'll all be better off because the money saved will enhance job security for everyone on both sides. My sympathy for those employees/families who would rather not move to CMH.

While it is understandable that the NJI pilots prefer the setting they know and enjoy, it does seem that the consolidation was inevitable when you consider the advantage$ in being in one location and on one certificate. That those with the most to lose would be slower to accept that idea is only human nature. It is my hope/belief that both sides will focus on their common ground and become an even stronger Union, drawing on the best that each has to offer.

Best wishes to all involved,
NJW

So that's how your husband figures it, eh?

Everyone keep pissing and moaning about what seat you can hold and who will get first crack at the G-650..Awesome to see NJASAP will have something to keep their time occupied with, instead of the 495.

Meanwhile in the real world we have guys with multiple newborns, families etc. That have maybe 7 weeks of UI benefits left, and no job opportunities in site. This is a whole different furlough, in the past there were safety nets to fall back on. When the airlines weren't hiring Netjets was. When the majors furloughed, the regionals were hiring. Nobody will touch most of us at the moment.

So before anyone gets their panties in a twist because someone junior on the NJI list, isn't getting displaced, remember how ridiculous you sound bitching about it. "Poor me, I don't get to fly the G-V right away:bawling:"

Yes I've found employment, and hearing how those fortunate to have a job continue to care about nothing but their seat and what they get to fly is truly amazing. Very classy.

Take it to "your" NJASAP msg. board. (the one we can't view). You all can cry as much as you want there with no moaniong from a member of the 495.

That was a good post, but the reality of it is that the arguments that are being posted above are making sure that the place you are returning to is the same place or better that you were furloughed from.

That bitching about the seat is the protection that will allow you to one day accept that seat. Hopefully soon.

So while it my sound like something little and bitchy, its that little thing that could be a problem for the pilots as a whole for a long long time. Yeah the little things do matter and a GV seat is not just a little thing.

I appreciate the fact your furloughed but I take exception to your thinking this is bitching. Its fighting and protecting every inch of the job.

Well said, Diesel.

What happens to your ability to multi-task, gentlemen, when you get to FI...;)

Both issues are important and supporting one doesn't mean the poster is ignoring the other. Surely furloughed pilots are in favor of having potential problems settled in an equitable fashion now so that the entire pilot group will be moving forward together when you return?

I don't want to speak for CRJ, but when we return is a long time off. In the meantime there are more pressing issues for those of us looking for work.

Latest resources

Back