• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rip nji

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJW, I wish I was mistaken on what was told to me. I'm not questioning what you heard; I'm suggesting that the speaker said "Union" out of habit when the correct answer is actually "Company". One thing I have noticed is that there are a few out there who will share their opinion as though it is a fact. I'm not at all saying it is malicious or an intentional distortion of information, just that it happens. I agree. Quite frankly, I think those that have done it believe they are giving you the right information at the time, True, and it can happen to any of us. but after some one else asks the same question in a more public venue the correct answer gets posted after some research. I will do my research and double check my source. But just looking at the question logically.... the Company does the hiring and firing so a seniority list would start and end with them. When pilots decide to leave NJ they go thru the Company, not the Union, to remove their name from the VSL. That sounds like ownership.

I believe this was a major cause of confusion. Perhaps stemming from semantics. Certainly NJASAP keeps a list and refers to it regularly; few would disagree that their list belongs to them. Given the importance seniority has for Unions, it's also easy to see how Volunteers could develop proprietary feelings for the VSL. But every name represents an action taken by the Company so surely they own those decisions? ...

Most of the guys were buying the dinner and beer even though they knew they didn't have to. Same guys who have written me recommendation letters and sent emails to see how things were going. This is a good example of the predominant attitude at NJA. Without it, neither IBB or the VMs would have passed as both required empathy and unselfishness from the pilots who voted for it and their families who supported the decision. Unfortunately, good deeds often go unreported and every sizable group has its fringe element that doesn't represent the attitudes common to the silent majority.

.....the reason for our furlough lies squarely on the company.

As far as the reported over-hiring goes, yes. But had NJA continued to grow and the economy not have sank, then the furlough would not have happened at all, correct? So the real culprits are the economy and plain ol' rotten luck....:( And neither of them provide much of a target for those lashing out in frustration.

So we end up with ....what's that term again, Praetorian? Transference.... a typical by-product of stressful situations.

I give up. The same storyline over and over. If you can't admit mistakes nothing ever gets fixed. Don't be surprised if the samething happens again and the anger continues. Call it transference if you want but the better idea is to admit the screw ups and treat the furloughs like human beings and let them on the union board so their voices could be heard and not forgotten. Instead of making up excuses that make absolutely no sense. Also try not to defend stupidity by saying we are just trying to protect the job for when you get back. I know you have to stick to certain speaking points they are evident in every post but it is getting old. You don't understand you are the poster child for not unionizing.

The complaint about unions is they protect the top at the expense of the bottom. It is certainly looking that way and that mentality is blatant in these posts. I got mine and I don't want to hear about your frustrations I am to busy getting mine. Don't want you on the union board because I might have to hear the anger from the bottom etc etc. You could change this but you won't. I always thought the netjet union was different. My mistake. Continue the sales pitch and blame the furloughed for their anger I am done here.

You want to merge by "Date of Hire"?

We are fine with that if you pay "Back Dues" all the way back to date of hire.

You want to merge by "Date of Hire"?

We are fine with that if you pay "Back Dues" all the way back to date of hire.

I hope everyone realizes you speak only for yourself.
I wouldn't vote for someone who is so reckless and ignorant with our CBA and complicated LOA's.
The misinformation that's being spread on this board is amazing, especially from folks who were fired from trusted positions in the union for lying and letting their fellow brothers and sisters down.
Let the folks who are elected and competent do our negotiating.
Another internet tough guy on an anonymous message board.

Last edited:
I hope everyone realizes you speak only for yourself.
I wouldn't vote for someone who is so reckless and ignorant with our CBA and complicated LOA's.
The misinformation that's being spread on this board is amazing, especially from folks who were fired from trusted positions in the union for lying and letting their fellow brothers and sisters down.
Let the folks who are elected and competent do our negotiating.
Another internet tough guy on an anonymous message board.

Obviously you are not listening to YOUR dues paying membership.

This post you made is wreckless because you only care about your very own beliefs and not the beliefs of the dues paying members in this union. Pretty disgusting and selfish if you ask me. Many of the pilots are paying 2,000 a year for this service. Its time we get something for this fee we must pay.

Its time for you to wake up from your drunken state.

I wasn't fired from anything!

Last edited:
Holy crap- posts are trying to get back on track with the title of the thread. Just when I was going to beg for an end to thread. It's not that I mind people's complaining about this or that, I just mind the constant hijacks of every thread. It is frustrating having to sift through 90 percent off- subject material. Unfortunately I freaking addict and I can't just not look since every once in a while there is a nugget of info I'm glad I saw. Oh well- bicker on. I'll keep sifting.

Since you had to bring our politics into this forum, I feel compelled to respond. If they're so darn competent doing our negotiations, why are the LOAs so complicated? How many NJA pilots currently employed will ever see the V/450/550 with the fences "we" agreed to? How did "we" overlook the need for bypass pay? We have SICs senior to GIV PICs, and GIV PICs making more than senior NJA PICs.

While I totally agree with the protections afforded our new members, I feel somewhat let down that there were no such considerations for those of us that have paid dues for all these years. Yes, we were afforded better scope protections, but that's all. It will be many years before bidding, pay, and basing will be truely equal. You know, all those little things associated with seniority for dues paying members?

We stood by for years watching upgrades while believing what we were told-they're not really upgrading. After all, that ole zebra (RTS) changed his stripes and we were all finally singing the same tune. Well guess what, they did upgrade. In fact, all but about 50 original NJI pilots did upgrade.

For years NJI was afforded the good deals because RTS hated the IBT. Were were the redheaded step children. I get that. Our leadership should have been concerned with providing us some of those deals too when 01-013 was written.

Since you had to bring our politics into this forum, I feel compelled to respond. If they're so darn competent doing our negotiations, why are the LOAs so complicated? How many NJA pilots currently employed will ever see the V/450/550 with the fences "we" agreed to? How did "we" overlook the need for bypass pay? We have SICs senior to GIV PICs, and GIV PICs making more than senior NJA PICs.

While I totally agree with the protections afforded our new members, I feel somewhat let down that there were no such considerations for those of us that have paid dues for all these years. Yes, we were afforded better scope protections, but that's all. It will be many years before bidding, pay, and basing will be truely equal. You know, all those little things associated with seniority for dues paying members?

We stood by for years watching upgrades while believing what we were told-they're not really upgrading. After all, that ole zebra (RTS) changed his stripes and we were all finally singing the same tune. Well guess what, they did upgrade. In fact, all but about 50 original NJI pilots did upgrade.

For years NJI was afforded the good deals because RTS hated the IBT. Were were the redheaded step children. I get that. Our leadership should have been concerned with providing us some of those deals too when 01-013 was written.

Right on Pervis! I agree with what you are saying here. We need people like you to run this pilot union!

I think the company wasn't ever going to allow the bypass pay again since it bit them so hard before the '05 contract. I would sure love it though since I would be getting a 50 percent or so raise if the language was there. I am happy just to have a job right now and I have a feeling I'll be seeing the top of the FO payscales, but while they did anticipate the need for better FO wages and longer waits to upgrade, I don't think anyone imagined 10+ year FOs here. RS had his own ego driven agenda and I'm not sure if any union would have been able to get more or a better deal as far as getting NJI integrated. I feel personally screwed (by RS) having junior pilots as captains on the G-IV, but I don't blame the union for it because I don't think they could have gotten management (RS) to agree to anything better than they did- even if it was different people negotiating for us.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back