• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rip nji

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My wife works as a Registered Nurse at a hospital. She has told me many times about how very sick patient's families often lash out out her, the very person why is trying to help their family member. She says she was taught about this in nursing school; it's called "transference", or the redirection of bad angry feelings onto a nearby, but undeserving person. It's essentially a ingrained visceral and childish reaction.

I'm seeing the same thing here. Furloughed pilots are lashing out at the very same union leaders who have spent many long hours trying to help them. Of course union leaders must consider the well-being of the entire group, so this sometimes makes them targets, because those decisions don't always benefit us personally. Its much easier to point the finger of blame at them then to deal with the incalculable complexity of the economic circumstances that are really responsible for your misfortune. I guess sometimes its just easier to say "that guy" or "those people" did it.

Gun you can spin this anyway you want. Its not about the furlough it's about the way the other pilots handle it. When comments are made about gulfstream seats and sandwiches and on top of that not giving them access to the union board it says a lot. Spin away that's fine the reality comes to the forefront when you run into a netjet furloughed pilot. They have a lot to say. You can say whatever you want while you have a job and no worries about taking care of your kids or paying the bills. If the union does anything its job should be to support those who are out of work. I have spoken to at least 20 of the furloughed most are my friends they don't feel that way I will leave it at that. Go ahead with the we returned their dues line. In my opinion it would have been criminal to keep them. Maybe I am jaded because I see what some people I know well are going thru. You all seem to have forgotten and moved on. I am busy trying to get them a job at the company I work for now. Let the speaking points fly.

I think you are the one spinning....

Sandwiches and Gulfstreams have nothing to do with the furlough....

I shouldn't eat or bid into a seat my seniority can hold because there is a furlough?

The Union has done much in support the furloughed.... But we are always open to ideas ... if you have some ideas about what more we could do ... I would be glad support them and bring to the attention of the leadership.

NJW, I wish I was mistaken on what was told to me. One thing I have noticed is that there are a few out there who will share their opinion as though it is a fact. I'm not at all saying it is malicious or an intentional distortion of information, just that it happens. Quite frankly, I think those that have done it believe they are giving you the right information at the time, but after some one else asks the same question in a more public venue the correct answer gets posted after some research.

I believe this was a major cause of confusion. I understand the reason behind it. When you're a union rep and gets asked a question, you want to answer it promptly and correctly. Problem is answering promptly can cause an incorrect answer.

HazMat, you and I must have had different experiences out on the road. The only "attitude" I got from other pilots was a few that boasted about doing the job for fun and that they didn't need the money. Those guys are part of the 5% Club who are feminine hygiene products anyway. Most of the guys were buying the dinner and beer even though they knew they didn't have to. Same guys who have written me recommendation letters and sent emails to see how things were going.

You can blame the union for the message board BS and some unintentional misinformation, but the reason for our furlough lies squarely on the company.

Ok let me try one more time. It's not about the furlough it's about the treatment post furlough. This stuff only makes their feelings more credible

It is strange...B19 was right. I don't agree with him all the time, but what he said would happen has.

Pilots, plumber, accountants, all the same.. Sometimes they need us, other times they don't.

They is no right to a job...only the opportunity!

It is strange...B19 was right.

No he wasn't. He said the union would cause a furlough, and it most certainly didn't. Indeed, its work with the company on voluntary options lessened and delayed furloughs for a significant period. CitationShares, for example, furloughed long before we did.

OK.. He wasn't right! That is why everyone is OK with what happened and everyone is overjoyed!

Heidi diedi christ almighty...the truth is they way over hired pilots versus what their business model could support and RTS wanted everyone to be happy. Boisture came in and said it was crazy, and no one wanted to listen. RTS said let's signed a union contract, and now everyone is screwed because they cannot afford the salaries.

NetJets doesn't have any money other than what Berkshire Hathaway wants to give them.

Arguing with somebody on a message board about what was said in the past is nonsense. It happened and who cares what anybody said.

I could give a flying crap about B19, but he deserves the right to post and he has tried to pass on his experiences with union. Ignore him and go on if you don't like what he as to say.

Latest resources

Back