• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rip nji

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm very glad you are not an elected official because you obviously do not understand what this Pilot Group wants and needs at this time.

I guarantee you we have more than 50 percent of our pilots that believe in back dues for date of hire. Thats what this pilot group wants. Does that matter to you?

LMAO!:laugh::laugh:
I love the way you make up statisitics you can't even begin to prove.:laugh::laugh:
That LOA ship left port a few years ago and is already at the pier.
There's really nothing you, you're mythical (over 50 per cent, ) or I can change about the LOA, sorry.
Why get so worked up about something that's already been agreed upon by folks with much more knowledge and responsibility than us?
Isn't our scope protection a bit stronger with NJI/NJA?
It was recently brought up in another thread that if RTS fought the NJA pilot union in court, about single carrier status, he probably would have prevailed.:eek:
PS, I hope you're not a union official either.:erm:

There isn't a day at work where I don't think about the guys on furlough. I know I'm not alone in that.

You are not the only one. Everybody I have flown with lately is under the belief that the sooner we get everybody back the better.

I only have one vote, but if it comes down to it, I will vote no to anything that compromises anybody's recall rights.

Willy21, I'm very relieved to hear that. Not your report...that comes as no surprise...

I'm glad to hear that you're still on the line. I have wondered about you and your family and had meant to PM and ask...:0

Good post! Thanks for sharing!
NJW

LMAO!:laugh::laugh:
I love the way you make up statisitics you can't even begin to prove.:laugh::laugh:
That LOA ship left port a few years ago and is already at the pier.
There's really nothing you, you're mythical (over 50 per cent, ) or I can change about the LOA, sorry.
Why get so worked up about something that's already been agreed upon by folks with much more knowledge and responsibility than us?
Isn't our scope protection a bit stronger with NJI/NJA?
It was recently brought up in another thread that if RTS fought the NJA pilot union in court, about single carrier status, he probably would have prevailed.:eek:
PS, I hope you're not a union official either.:erm:

Well

Lets take a vote then. I bet the number would actually be closer to 75%. You willing to put some money where your mouth is?

This has been my fear. Aside from the fact that the NJ pilotgroup has a tradition of standing up for their FOs, I doubt the scenario posed by Jack would even make it into a TA because it may very well be a violation of DFR. Furthermore, the few pilots who negotiate for NJASAP have already demonstrated a willingness to defend the principals of a Union and what you suggest is counter to those ideals. ... If I were the company, why would I want to bring back furloughed folks at year 5+ pay when I can just hire new pilots for a fraction of the cost. Indefinite recall is common in aviation; refusing to do right by those you furloughed would be bad PR for an aviation Company trying to build client loyalty and for a top level Berkshire Hathaway executive who has made integrity part of his platform. A CEO smart enough to be in the running for WB's position is definitely smart enough to avoid the undesired consequences that typically follow low morale. DS has said we are not family. He was also quick to assure the pilots that he would honor their contract, which he has done. Continuing to do so is good business-- motivated pilots are more productive. Those returning such loyalty would gladly go the extra mile--over and over. I can see the company saying "ok, we bring back 300+ guys at 5 year pay... hmm.. Thats $$$ more per year then hiring new blood. Multiply that by XXX years and it is cheaper to pay off the current seniority list. " The same list of pilots who have already proven that they value solidarity, believe in indefinite recall rights, and would want to have it in their next contract for their own protection? :erm: I don't see it happening. And if that was the attitude of the Company they would already have slashed the pay of the NJI pilots--at-will employees without a contract to protect them. The company will probably offer a pretty low payoff BUT give us say... our 3rd crew meal or something else kind of silly. The union (I am disgusted with our current e-board Why is that? You do realize that the vast majority of NJA pilots don't share your opinion?) will bite because of the reach around they have going on, :confused: Can you please explain exactly what you mean by that and offer factual examples? the pilots will be pilots and the furloughed folks will get f'ed..

I hope I am dead wrong... The unlimited recall rights are only good until the next contract... IF I am wrong, I will come on here and apologize Why wait until then? You have already insulted your fellow NJ pilots...:rolleyes: They are fully capable of negotiating a fair contract based on their skills and contribution to the Company. ....

Going by the track record of the NJ pilots and their negotiators you are very wrong. Not only is there no evidence to support your accusation, (remember this is the pilotgroup that supported the VMs) but IF ---huge IF-- the insulting proposition ever managed to make it into a TA (at the company's insistence), no long-term thinking pilot of integrity would vote for it because to do so would destroy their reputation as individuals and as Members of the Union that has raised the bar in the industry. I believe the NJ pilots have more character than that and are smart enough to realize that showing such weakness/desperation would henceforth make them doormats, consigned to be trod upon at every future negotiation they had with the Company.

Last edited:
Well

Lets take a vote then. I bet the number would actually be closer to 75%. You willing to put some money where your mouth is?

Oh yeah, great idea!. I'll take that bet!
Please present your "official" FI poll results to the
E Board.
Tell the union president you're the recently elected Flightinfo bargaining unit.
Although you can't prove a thing, use your statistics, I'm willing to bet your data will dazzle them.
Maybe you could conjure up a contract altering potion.
What form of betting money is used in internet fantasyland these days?

Last edited:
Jppt, with Raj's assertive posting style, I'm quite certain his reputation for unorthodox methods has already preceded him. ;)

My educated guess is that the EBoard is too savvy to be dazzled by him... especially the female member. Call it women's intuition, but I think Raj's style is a bit too much "in your face" even for AV.

Last edited:
Disregard..

Why....:confused: I had just finished reading the email notice of your post and was fairly certain you'd find some interest in my response. Are you sure you want to skip the apology and thanks I had all ready? :p I was also going to congratulate you on providing an excellent example in your post. Lastly, I was going to direct you to a previous post I had made that you seemed to have missed where I stated very clearly that no one is perfect and you can find mistakes but it's the overall result and the intent that matter most, IMO.

Why....:confused: I had just finished reading the email notice of your post and was fairly certain you'd find some interest in my response. Are you sure you want to skip the apology and thanks I had all ready? :p I was also going to congratulate you on providing an excellent example in your post. Lastly, I was going to direct you to a previous post I had made that you seemed to have missed where I stated very clearly that no one is perfect and you can find mistakes but it's the overall result and the intent that matter most, IMO.

You are becoming to much to stomach. You may be the most self rightous person on the planet. I trully hope this is some Internet persona you have created to support unions and that you are not like this in real life. i can tell you that you have become the poster child for not having a union.

Latest resources

Back