• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rip nji

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But if they do come back it will be in whatever aircraft the company needs pilots in and after a bid goes out to anyone interested in the seat. If they have the seniority to hold it, it will be theirs. I don't believe there is anything in the LOAs that says they will get their seat back, but the language may (not sure about this at all) allow them to retain the higher pay they were at before they were furloughed if it is still higher than whatever year of wages they come back to at the combined company. I have to agree with gutshot though- they will most likely not come back since it will be likely they will find something better or at least something else they don't wish to leave long before they are offered recall.

Seeing how recalls are likely at least a decade away I think the argument is moot. Sokol is destroying the brand. Owners are leaving for the competition. The fleet is shrinking.

I wouldn't, and won't, refuse to resign my NJA seniority number for a cash paying job today.

Your mileage may vary.

I wouldn't, and won't, refuse to resign my NJA seniority number for a cash paying job today.

Your mileage may vary.

Amen to that. I'll serve mine up on a silver platter to whoever wants it. NJA is a sinking ship. It's being wound down to be sold off eventually. That's my prediction anyways.

The winds and tide have certainly turned against the ship. The one true aspect of NetJets that gave it an edge was the BBJ/NJI programs. No one else can offer the ultra long range aircraft within the 91K or 'card program' models. The market offers many choices from single engine PC-12's to Challengers, and the NetJets core fleet of aircraft are no more special than the next. What has set NetJets apart is their global reach and expertise in this field. A P180 owner can't logistically take his airplane to Australia and back. But a C-650 owner can make one call and 'pay' to have a G550 take him.

With a new and legitimate player in this high-end field, or a reduction in the quality of service present owners receive; NetJets is up the creek without a paddle.

Don't think for a second that the G owners aren't looking at this whole FA debacle and shaking their heads. In my opinion NetJets has 12 months to get back on track, or this ship will take on water faster than Omaha can bail it out. I too think there will be a "For Sale by Owner" sign in CMH in the very near future.

IMHO,

Wolf

You guys can always seek employment elsewhere. I'll chose to stay while we retro fit WiFi (yes, it's official) and purchase new jets after we shed some dead weight. BTW, Embraer was in CMH with two different types a week ago. Does anyone think they just showed up unannounced? Breaking news-new construction based in CMH just announced today. Not the typical move for those looking to sell.

I see the glass more than half full at this point. It will only be full when the 495 are back and we are growing again-at a more sustainable rate. Wolfpack, our owners were also very "concerned" in late 2005. Guess who they supported? It wasn't Boisture and gang.

Last edited:
You guys can always seek employment elsewhere.

Oh I have been. Since October 2009 we I got the "your services are no longer needed" email.

I hope NJA survives. Sokol seems to have been the right man to stop the bleeding but someone else needs to come in quick, last last week, and get the CUSTOMER SERVICE aspect of this business back on track. Without 5 star+ service and amenities NetJets is just another overpriced aircraft provider.

You cannot deliver a Super 8 product at Hilton prices and expect to stay in business very long.

Amen to that. I'll serve mine up on a silver platter to whoever wants it. NJA is a sinking ship. It's being wound down to be sold off eventually. That's my prediction anyways.

That wouldn't surprise me a bit. We can't continue to be a drag on BH quarterly reports and expect to stay in the fold much longer. WB is all business. If he can sell NJA and raise his stock $3.50 he'll do it in a heartbeat.

Based off last week's 411 and today's news from the elections

We will have a difficult 2012. This pilot group is going to have to stick together to get through what will surely be coming our way in the near future.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back