• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to Fly for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The reason they are probably keeping 9 of the B717 is one to keep the certificate alive since you cant just add new planes over night. The other reason might be that someone else might own the leases not boeing so there for they are not willing to deal. Being from a deceased airline myself dont be surprised to see Republic owning midwest when this is all said and done.

If there is no Midwest, why would there be a Midwest Connect?

Because, if it suits his fancy, Tim H. will run Midwest Connect with no mainline flights.....spew some crap about how it's in the best interests of the community...who will buy it hook line and sinker, and then extort another few million out of this place.

"Fly Midwest Connect.....We connect your fat asses places.."

If you think Timmy won't run an airline just because of a name that doesn't make sense you obviously haven't worked at Midwest Express.

I've given up trying to understand what is going on here. Why would you operate 9 717's?

Great minds think alike. My buddy called and told me that they got some flying. I didn't realize what expense it would come at. I figure it's the last cash preservation move by TPG until Delta/NWA gets approved. I can't figure out who's getting what payoff at the end, though. Then whatever masterplan Delta has can get executed. First would be Midwest CH.7/11. Repaint the 170's, keep them in MKE. It's a good place for 70 seaters.

hey the 170's are 2x2 seating!

it's our md-80 replacement! when its all said and done the 170 looks like a mini airbus, right? timmy and management never wanted to pay the $390,000+ lease payments anyway!

From what I've been reading, it's your 717 replacement. There is no replacement for your 80's. The situation sucks.

Just to reiterate:

The RAH pilots are as outraged at this as anyone else. We have heard nothing yet in response from our union leadership other than an acknowledgment of the event. What the response will be remains to be seen, but we are not happy.

The ME union is saying this is catastrophic news...?Why did they not have that harsh language when the first guy/gal got furloughed? now that the senior guys are affected they are waking up. I just wonder what Boeing is doing with those 717s. What a mess, you can just hope ALPA is helping those ME pilots trying to get jobs........

What a mess, you can just hope ALPA is helping those ME pilots trying to get jobs........

LOL!!! Now that is funny.

This deal is an absolute joke. For the love of God will somebody please just let Midwest die.

LOL!!! Now that is funny.

This deal is an absolute joke. For the love of God will somebody please just let Midwest die.

I agree... Tell Timmy to F.O and shut this damn place down!! Let's go out with a little pride for our profession for once... 8

Latest resources

Back