• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to Fly for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys, as an employee of Republic, Im going to speak for (almost) everyone and let you know we are -collectively - NOT happy about this. There are calls for a strike vote already.

You might not hear alot about it on here since we have our own message board. But I assure you, the blood pressure is rising on our end as well.

We are not out for your jobs. We are not out for your airplanes. This appears to be a raw deal for us all.

Good luck.

To all midwest folks

The threads on our message board turned very quickly, from yeah to Oh SHT

We have iron clad scope that limits our planes from being flown by not our pilots.

I think the fact that timmy signed the deal is STUPID. because now he is on the hook for a huge cancellation penalty. THis is a great financial deal for republic, bc we give you money, are get second in line to get it back, and then some if midwest folds.
another bonehead timmy deal, where he was outfoxed by a smarter ceo.
D

I hope all the senior Captains who gave me crap about my support for the Airtran deal are happy now, specially now that they will end up on the street with the rest of us this time.

When I said on another thread that Midwest is being realigned some guys didn't agree with me, Midwest WILL become COMPASS, and eventually a connection service for the new Delta/NWA.

here is my quote from another thread:
------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by FlyWolf
TV9Driver, thanks, I still think we would have been much better with Airtran than NWA/TPG.

Heavy Set, even though Midwest is furloughing it is NOT out of seniority, your info is wrong.

My initial post was, Midwest is being re-aligned, I didn't say anything about Midwest continuing to fly 717.

Peace and good luck to all.
---------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Why the hell would Republic be providing financing to Midwest? Something fishy is going on here, Republic must be getting equity for their money or something because Midwest is a serial destroyer of investment capital; just ask Northwest. Nobody in their right mind would put money into that outfit without something iron-clad in return. That lying $hitbird TH has nine lives, how in the hell does he keep his job? That guy has created some bad Karma and I hope it comes back to him in spades.

I've given up trying to understand what is going on here. Why would you operate 9 717's? The cost to operate a fleet that small with employees that senior must be simply astronomical unless the employees work for free, which I'm sure the company will be proposing in the near future. Why not just do what they did with Skyway and subcontract out ALL of the flying and keep the holding company as a ground service company. Then you eliminate all the pilots, FA's, mechanics or dispatchers, i.e. no flight operations in house. I hope the Midwest guys don't give an inch. At least it will prevent TPG from using the Midwest certificate to create another bottom feeder carrier. At least don't give TH the satisfaction of bending you over all the way; drive those bastards into Ch. 11.

Bets of luck to all the Midwest guys, this is awful. Save the cookie but dump all the employees.....nice.

Who wants to bet that these 170s willl never be flown by pilots on our seniority list. A year or two from now Midwest Airlines will cease to exist and Midwest Connect will be the only Midwest flights in the air.

Midwest Connect to what?

Best of luck fellow Midwest pilots.

ALPA protecting your jobs! What a joke! You guys had a good gig going before NWA and your boss f*cked it all up. All ALPA can do is watch it happen.

I feel that any Republic pilots flying any B717 routes under the Midwest name as SCABS! Tell your management, no way to this scab flying. This lable is something you don't want.

The more and more we are looking at this, it looks like both managements have crafted this within a ******************** hair's edge of our scope clause. Bottom line we all get F'd in the A.

drive those bastards into Ch. 11.

They want this to happen. Midwests' airplanes can go to Delta/NWA, and the competition is gone. Nobody honestly expects an airline with 9 717s and 12 E170s to be economically viable at all. This is simply a way of killing Midwest legally. And, yes, I feel RAH just bought their way into Delta/NWA with this "financing" deal.

They will be 12 EMB-170's, and this could be a good thing for the Midwest guys. If you read the contract between RAH and Midwest those 12 170's could be on Midwest property opperated by Midwest pilots within a year and a half.

Only if they agree to a new contract before those 18 months are up. In other words, Timmmmay has just created a new whipsaw in order to hammer the MEH pilots into taking a crappy deal. A good thing? Hardly.

They want this to happen. Midwests' airplanes can go to Delta/NWA, and the competition is gone. Nobody honestly expects an airline with 9 717s and 12 E170s to be economically viable at all. This is simply a way of killing Midwest legally. And, yes, I feel RAH just bought their way into Delta/NWA with this "financing" deal.

WOW!!! that will be a fuqing management Masterpice!!! az oles!!!:angryfire

Quote:
TheJCNIs
I feel that any Republic pilots flying any B717 routes under the Midwest name as SCABS! Tell your management, no way to this scab flying. This lable is something you don't want. Quote.

I'm very sorry that you feel this way specially when Management is the one creating this B.S, but is always eassy to call some one a "SCAB"...:erm:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back