• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airways posts first quarter loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Problems will start once there code shares end with some of the Mainline Carriers. As long as they continue to codeshare then they'll make money. But once they start competeting with these airlinelines those contracts once up probably won't be renewed.
As a stand alone, in this day and age ask Virgin America. Richard B is pumpin' so much damn money into that, and Republic doens't have those pockets.

Could be wrong, but its gonna be tuff. Also Republic Pilots will wanna be compensated better I'm sure. Anyway, good Luck.

Someone list examples of other careers (besides this one of course) where people belittle and wish bad upon others.

Lawyers.
Businessmen on Wall Street.
Morticians.
Con men.
Politicians.

Just a few that come to mind.

Oh, forgot Fox news and Rush Limbaugh. Those guys are always "happy".

A "noodle brain" he may indeed have,but a peek in his wallet will show he's richer than you will ever be.....Unless you win a lottery.If you're so smart,why aren't you rich ?

He can be rich all he wants, he's still a ******************************. If he truly believes in the pope, he is an idiot too.

and BTW my wallet does fine. We can compare mine to yours if you wish. "Noodle brain" seems to limit your size.

Q:What are their debt ratios?

A: The higest in the industry

I personally feel Republic had some grand plans that on paper look great. In execution they will fail. Maybe not the beginning of the end but the Republic today will not be the same in 5 years

I feel the same about Allegiant.. Niche flying three days a week on paid for gas hogs is fine but trying to grow into a 24/7 airline changes the rules

My prediction is that within a year or two he will looking to dispose of the branded side of the operation (Frontier) and return to what he understands, i.e. subcontracting. He's operating in shark infested waters now; AirTran and SWA aren't going to give him any breathing room so he can learn to operate an actual airline. He is going to squander the profits from the FFD side of the operation to fund losses on the branded side. I think we will be looking at a sale, merger, spinoff or bankruptcy of Frontier at some point. The troubles are just beginning for this guy, he's in way over his head.

Latest resources

Back